7

"You two okay to go together?" Burt asked in the car in front of McKinley. He didn't want Kurt or Blaine to have any trouble.

"Yes, Sir, we'll be okay." Blaine smiled.

"It's Burt, Blaine." He gently reminded. "Alright, have a good day." Kurt and Blaine got out as he said bye.

"And make sure you stay out of trouble kiddo." Burt joked. He knew Kurt wouldn't cause any trouble at their school. Blaine gave a little laugh at that too as he walked with Kurt to the school. They entered and went to their first classes, which were apart from eachother.

"Well, I'll see you after class." Blaine smiled. He got a look of agreement from Kurt, he wasn't expecting a response anyway. He couldn't help but notice a small bit of disappointment in Kurt's eyes as they parted for the 50 minutes of class.

Blaine went to trigonometry and Kurt went to English. Blaine had to admit he was also a bit disappointed that he and Kurt had separate classes. He's started to like Kurt, in a friend way. And he also cared about him a lot.

Kurt took his seat, and Blaine took his. In their classes, they each got opposite reactions almost. Nobody spoke to Kurt, everybody knew he stopped speaking freshman year. With Blaine, everybody was staring and whispering. He had bruises.

Both of their classes went smoothly, each of them thinking about eachother. When the bell rang, Kurt took a breath before heading into the hallway. This was sometimes a target spot for him to receive a morning slushy to the face. He started to walk and he forgot about the football players when he saw Blaine, who gave him a sweet smile. He walked a bit faster over to him when he was halted by a blue mixture tossed in his face. He held back his tears. The bullying was getting to him, and the slushy was extremely uncomfortable.

"What? You gonna cry?" The football players laughed. "Sorry, forgot you're too weak and afraid to speak."

The football players walked off fist bumping eachother while Blaine looked at Kurt with concern. He couldn't believe that had just happened. Kurt glanced at Blaine, he had just witnessed it. With a scared glance, he turned and walked to the bathroom briskly.

Blaine went after him, not caring about getting to class at this point, now he only wanted to help Kurt feel a little better about what happened. He managed to catch a glimpse of Kurt's foot entering a bathroom close by. He followed him in, being quiet. He didn't want to startle the boy.

"Need a hand?" Blaine asked softly while Kurt started to wet a towel and wipe off his face. Kurt flinched.

Nice going Blaine

He looked panicked even though he knew Blaine. Blaine backed up a bit.

"Hey, hey, I didn't mean to scare you." Blaine soothed, though he just got a fearful look in response. Kurt knee how weak he looked, how weak he was really, when he was covered in slushy. Kurt stepped forward, making Blaine happy. Kurt trusted him.

Blaine smiled, but then frowned at what he saw. Kurt put his arms to his side and hung his head down with his eyes closed. He looked like he was bracing for something in his expression.

Then it hit Blaine. Kurt was expecting Blaine to hurt him in some way. He was letting it happen. What had happened?

"Kurt... you know me... I won't hurt you Kurt." Blaine tried. Kurt opened his eyes but gave Blaine a glare. Blaine sighed. He needed to get him home. Kurt was already having it rough.

Blaine folded up the towels that Kurt had taken out of his bag and put them on the sink.

"I will be right back." Blaine said and walked down to the office. He explained to Figgins what had happened, and though rushing it off, Blaine could still call Burt and they got the day off.

Blaine went back to the bathroom. Kurt had started to clean himself up more and froze when Blaine came back it. He started to go back to standing in front of him when Blaine stayed by the doorway, but he grabbed his arm.

"No, Kurt." Blaine instructed while Kurt flinched. Blaine had to restrain himself from letting go, even when he looked so frightened. "You're not gonna do that."

Kurt shook his head fearfully.

"I want to talk, okay?"

He shook his head again and sat when Blaine did. He didn't want to anger him.

"I called Burt, he's coming to pick us up. I'm not going to hurt you." Blaine explained. Kurt mostly focused on the floor until Blaine stood up. Butt was in the office.

Once they had gotten into the car, Kurt scurried to the front with Burt. He gave Blaine another look of fear.

"What's going on buddy? You've been scared of Blaine, you weren't before school this morning." Burt asked. Kurt turned his head away. Burt gave Blaine an apologetic look and started to drive. The ride was silent, Blaine staring at Kurt and Kurt looking out of the window. Once they were home, Blaine helped to make lunch and talked with Burt. He explained what happened again.

"That's the thing. Kurt can get really scared, even of his friends. Especially because he doesn't know you quite as well." Burt explained.

"He was so innocent, I don't know why anybody would hurt him so much that he just lets it happen." Blaine said.

"I didn't know he did that, I'll have to talk with him. But for now, lunch is ready! Kurt!"

And so they ate in silence. Kurt didn't look at Blaine.