9

A/N

Hey guys. Sorry I took this thing on hiatus. I don't know if I wanted to take this a certain direction, so if stuff changes, sorry. But we're all at home doing nothing so I've found inspiration to write again!

Blaine sat at the table, attempting to do his homework. He seemed to be struggling however. Not because he didn't know how to do it; All the classes at McKinley we're easy for him. It was because he couldn't focus.

He would be lying if he said that Burt didn't drop way too much on him at once, enough to overwhelm anyone. Now he had all of these thoughts bouncing around and he couldn't focus at all. He just felt so bad for Kurt, and he couldn't do anything to make him feel better.

"Blaine honey, it's getting late. You should go to bed." He heard a softer voice come from behind him. He looked at the clock, which said it was almost 11, and then looked to the source of the voice. It was Carole.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I'd been working for that long." He said, gathering up his papers.

"Don't apologize, you didn't do anything." She said kindly.

"Right..." Blaine replied and started to make his way toward the stairs.

He went upstairs to the guest bedroom, doing so quietly in case people were asleep. Blaine quietly made his way to the bathroom after grabbing his pajamas to brush his teeth and wash the gel out of his hair.

He preferred to shower at night. It helped him relax and also made it much easier to wash his hair because he couldn't go to bed with the gel in it. He'd tried that once.

Blaine closed the door and took a few minutes to figure out how the shower worked until he finally got it. That didn't stop him from turning it in the wrong direction and almost screaming from the cold water that came out.

Blaine has to admit, despite the smaller house, they had a really good shower. Back at home, his parents had gotten super over-the-top fancy showers with a million different things to flip and things to turn. This one was nice and simple. Plus the water pressure was great.

His entire house was almost too... rich for his liking. Blaine hated the fact that he felt like he had to treat the nice couches like they were super fragile, or that the house was so big that the space just felt useless.

After his shower thoughts, Blaine stepped out and got changed for bed. He was walking back to the guest room when he passed Kurt in the hall. They made eye contact but Kurt was quick to enter the bathroom. Blaine wanted to turn around and try to talk to him, but he knew it was better to leave it.
____________________________________

That night, Blaine woke up in the early morning again. He couldn't quite figure out why he had woken up this time. He didn't remember a particularly bad dream or anything of that sort. He wasn't too hot or too cold. He assumed it was just one of those things where your body is dealing with change. He'd read about it in an online blog once that totally wasn't full of clickbait and fake news. His parents would be upset at the thought of him 'plaguing his mind with the internet' like that.

But then he heard a faint noise, and it only came every twenty seconds or so. Blaine wasn't sure if it was just him hearing things, so he took a closer listen. The more he listened, the more he was sure it was real. It sounded like sniffling and it was coming from the direction of Kurt's room.

Somebody over there was crying. Over there.

He put it together quickly and realized it was most likely Kurt doing the crying. He had to stop himself from leaping out of bed to go and hug him until he was happy forever.

Blaine was the guest. This wasn't his house. He couldn't go slinking around in the dark. The Hummel-Hudsons would hate him, or at the very least stop trusting him. It was rude. Kurt probably wouldn't want somebody in his personal space anyway.

No. Blaine couldn't go to him now. Not yet. But he'd definitely tell Burt and Carole the next morning.

A/N

I had to write the end of this chapter three times because I accidentally closed this out and it wasn't saved.

Kinda short, and also Blaine focused. I need to get momentum with this again, so sorry for the somewhat filler and lack of fluff and h/c. I tried to add a bit of h/c at the end in thought though.

I hope everybody is doing okay with the virus and all of that!

~Cake