24

If there are plot holes and stuff don't mind them, I don't remember what I've established and what I haven't.

Today was a bad day.

Blaine knew it was once he had to sit in the bathroom with Kurt, washing blue raspberry slush out of his hair, dabbing at his eyes with a towel, forcing Kurt's hands away so he could help. Blaine hadn't actually received a slushy facial yet, but despite not knowing what it felt like, it broke his heart to see Kurt in pain. This one had been particularly bad because Kurt hadn't seen it coming and more that he would have liked made it into his eyes.

And then there was the rather hard locker slam that Blaine saw on his way to meet Kurt (one of the two times they didn't have the same class) and noticed Kurt wincing whenever his arm moved for the rest of the day. He's have to take a look at that.

As if the morning slushy want enough, it had recently snowed, and on their way to Blaine's car, a kid had managed to drive through some slush and get both of them all soggy and cold.

So yeah, today was a bad day.

But it was mostly okay now. Blaine had immediately grabbed Kurt a change of clothes, one of the items being his hoodie which he knew was too large for Kurt. He knew it would be comfortable and look adorable on him. While Kurt took a shower, Blaine and Burt lit a fire in the living room fireplace and Blaine got some snacks. Snacks that Kurt was going to have to eat because he didn't eat anything at lunch or breakfast. He went upstairs as he heard the shower turn off and sat on Kurt's bed, though it had quickly become known as their bed. They both slept better when they were together.

Kurt walked out in just a towel, to which Blaine quickly apologized with a blush. Kurt was a bit embarrassed but he didn't really mind. He grabbed the clothes and went back into the bathroom, but Blaine still caught the big bruise from the locker slam on the back of his shoulder. He came back out in Blaine's hoodie and a pair of sweatpants.

And when Blaine thought of the word 'adorable,' this was ten times more. Kurt's figure was slim, so the shoulders of the hoodie were more at his upper arms, and his fingers barely poked out of the sleeves. He had put the hood up too, and that paired with his blush made it all the more cuter.

Blaine gave him a smile. "Wanna go downstairs?"

Kurt shrugged a bit. "I'm... I'm a bit tired... if that's alright..." he said shyly. Normally this would be a step back from his progress with his speaking, but Blaine was happy that he spoke at all. He hadn't uttered a word all day.

"That's okay, I'll just carry you." Blaine chuckled and swept Kurt off of his feet before the boy could protest. "Or do you prefer piggy back?"

Kurt let out a tiny giggle. It was tiny, but Blaine loved to hear it. "That sounds fun." He said in almost a whisper. Blaine set him down and picked him up on his back. Kurt was light enough for it to not be difficult, though this made Blaine worry a bit. Kurt needed to eat more. But for now he brought Kurt downstairs without thinking about it too much. He just wanted Kurt to be happy. Blaine sat down by the fireplace and grabbed a blanket while Kurt sat next to him, though Blaine was quick to pull the boy in front of him. He smiled when he felt Kurt's body relax and lean into his own.

"Rough day, huh baby?" Blaine asked, aware he was using a pet name for the first time. He carefully rubbed Kurt's shoulder, the bruised one. He could feel Kurt tense at the name but quickly relax again. He reached behind him to the coffee table and grabbed the bowl of pretzels he had gotten out earlier.

"Kurt, I know you're probably exhausted, but I need you to eat for me." Blaine said gently, placing the bowl in front of them both. Kurt looked up at him and shook his head, cuddling up more. Blaine mentally cursed himself for being a really good cuddle buddy. He almost didn't want to make Kurt eat because he looked so adorable, glue to his chest and wrapped up in his hoodie.

Blaine sighed. "If you're not gonna eat, I'm gonna have to feed it to you Kurt." Blaine gently warned the boy, not missing his blush. Kurt hid his face a little bit. "Just a little bit? Please?" Blaine begged. He shook the bowl of pretzels in front of them.

"'M not hungry." Kurt said in a muffled voice.

"I know you aren't but you'll feel worse if you don't eat something." Blaine tried. "Cmon, just a few pretzels." Kurt shook his head. This wasn't the first time that Kurt had been difficult like this. But Blaine still hated it. Not because it was annoying, because he didn't like having to make Kurt do things that he didn't want to do. Blaine had all the patience in the world when it came to other people (maybe not himself though,) but he hated seeing Kurt struggle with this.

Blaine sighed and grabbed a pretzel from the bowl. He'd feed Kurt himself if he was going to be stubborn. He held the pretzel by his mouth, trying to make Kurt eat. Blaine sighed when it wasn't working.

"I had a movie planned for us tonight but I guess we can't watch it if you're not going to eat first." Blaine smiled a bit. Kurt looked up at him.

"What movie?" Kurt asked quietly.

Blaine gave him a look. "You'll find out if you eat some pretzels for me." He said, squeezing Kurt a bit tighter. Kurt let out a small sigh and ate the pretzel, nestling into Blaine's hold more. They did that for a few minutes until Kurt stopped.

"Something wrong baby?" Blaine was concerned.

Kurt hesitated, "I feel kinda sick." Blaine immediately put his hand to Kurt's forehead. "Not like that... not really."

"You're a little warm, but nothing serious." Blaine said. "Are you anxious right now?" He asked carefully. He studied Kurt's expression, what he could see of it. And suddenly Kurt's face crumpled and he pressed himself against Blaine's chest.

"Hey hey, what's going on, Kurt?" Blaine started to rub his back in a rhythm. He shushed him a bit and rocked both of them, trying to calm him down. "What's up baby?"

Kurt looked up to him with a sad expression. "The football players were talking about Mom..."

Blaine hadn't heard Kurt talk about his mom a lot, but he knew she had died. He leaned down and kissed the top of Kurt's hair, rubbing his back. "Is that what's been bothering you? Is that why you won't eat?" He asked, moving Kurt's hair out of his face. Kurt nodded a little bit and hid his face again, snuggling up in the blanket around them.

"Hey hey, you don't have to hide. You can talk to me baby." Blaine said with a small tap on Kurt's uninsured shoulder. Kurt shook his head and didn't look at him, embarrassed to be acting like this. Blaine sighed. Now wasn't the time. He let Kurt cuddle with him in silence for a while until the boy was tired out. He brought him upstairs into his real bed and stayed with him there until dinner time. He hoped that maybe Kurt would be a bit more willing to eat after he woke up.

He hoped.