27

Contains references to anxiety, panic, and abuse, so I'm warning just in case.

Over the past week or two, Wes and Sebastian's parents had got in contact with Burt about setting Blaine up in therapy again. Burt was now Blaine's legal guardian, as decided in a quiet court case that the author of this story didn't feel like detailing.

And today was his first appointment. Blaine was going to meet Wes and David there for support, and Kurt was coming too. The adults had discussed getting therapy for Kurt, and the therapy office was giving Kurt a free visit to see how it fits him.

Blaine was a bit nervous, though he'd been to regular therapy before. The lady at Dalton was really nice and Blaine had started to enjoy his sessions, but this was a new place recommended by her. Wes assured Blaine he had nothing to worry about though. The therapist at Dalton knew this office well and had transferred any important non-confidential data about Blaine to them.

Blaine was sitting in the back of the car with Kurt, holding his hand (whether to calm Kurt or himself, he wasn't quite sure) while Burt drove. Blaine was worried for how Kurt would deal with this. He knew Kurt most likely wouldn't speak, but maybe he'd write out some things, even a little. But Blaine knew that they were going to start Kurt off with a more general therapist before moving him to a specialized one, assuming Kurt was okay with therapy.

They pulled up to the building, Blaine being the more confident of the pair, getting out first and quickly joining their hands once more as they followed Burt inside. Wes and Sebastian were already in the waiting room, there for support. Kurt and Blaine sat down next to them while Burt checked the two kids in. Kurt sat on the end, leaning into Blaine who was next to Wes and then Sebastian, in the chair closest to the counter. Wes examined Blaine as he made small talk, noticing how he was still more focused on keeping Kurt calm than himself. As much a he wanted Blaine to focus on himself, he knew that he needed to give him self a reason to feel better about himself, at least until he'd gotten out of that mindset.

"Blaine?" A man called from the door with a smile. Blaine blushed a bit and stood up with a quick and quiet promise to Kurt that Wes and David would wait with him. Blaine got up and followed the man, not loosing sight of his friends' and boyfriend's supportive looks until the corner of the blue wall was in the way. While Kurt waited, Sebastian moved into Blaine's spot. He had been with the kid before and knew him at least a little bit, and gently took his hand. He was aware of how timid Kurt was in situations like this and was happy when it seemed to calm the boy some. A woman called Kurt's name, and soon he too was whisked into the hallway and on his way.
———
Blaine Anderson, 17 years
McKinley High School
Past Diagnosis: Emotional Trauma, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder
Past Symptoms: Irritability, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Abnormal Eating and Sleeping Habits

"So, Blaine. I'm Dr. Brooks." The man held out his hand once they were in a private room. Blaine shook it.

"Blaine. Blaine Anderson, Sir."

"Oh, I don't need those fancy terms. You can call me Joseph, or Dr. Brooks if you still want to stay formal." The doctor smiled, Blaine letting out a small, shy chuckle. "I have your files from Dalton Academy. I won't ask for the details because this is our first meeting though." He explained, showing Blaine the file he had to prove he wasn't knowing anything confidential. All of the stories Blaine had told his therapist at Dalton were considered confidential, and only his past diagnosis and treatments were listed. Along with some other details.

"Whenever you're in this room, Blaine, anything you need to say is valid. Whether it be your emotions or how you feel about the weather today." The doctor assured, earning a nod from Blaine. Blaine spun in his chair slightly. Dr. Brooks preferred proper chairs than couches, because it helped his patients focus. And if they could move a bit, it was a good way to vent off a little bit of their nerves. "So tell me about yourself." He smiled.

Blaine was hesitant but began. He eventually got more comfortable and had gotten into a full conversation about Queen and The Beatles with Dr. Brooks, just casual chatting like they were friends. Blaine didn't spill any of his emotional weight, but that was okay for the first visit. Blaine needed to be comfortable.

"Blaine, before I end a session, I always want you to tell me three things." He started, looking at the time. "On a scale of 1-10, how was the sessions and why, something you're looking forward to, and something you want to improve on." He said. Blaine nodded at him. "And it can be anything, though it may be more focused in the future."

Blaine thought for a bit. "I'd rate it a seven because I was really nervous at first..." Blaine pondered more. "I'm really looking forward to the new episode of the Flash in a few days, and I want to improve on my songwriting skills."

"Excellent, Blaine! Well, I'll have you sign here stating that everything here is confidential unless in an emergency. It's a way for you to know that this is a safe space. I'll sign it too at the end of every meeting." He said. Blaine did as he was told and said goodbye, leaving with an awkward smile on his face. He came back out to find Kurt already finished with his appointment, Sebastian with his arm around him.

"How'd it go Blainers?" Wes asked.

"It went really well actually." Blaine smiled, though his expression fell when he saw Kurt still looking shy. "Kurt, you okay?" He sat down on the other side of him and looked to Sebastian.

"I think it was a bit overwhelming at first, so he's exhausted. Nothing to worry about." Sebastian assured, handing Kurt off to Blaine. He held him in a half cuddle. Sebastian spoke again, "He wrote to me that the lady was really nice and when I asked if he'd be okay with it being regular, he said yes. Burt is organizing it now." he smiled. Blaine listened to the front desk.

"Kurt will be transferred to a specialized doctor after a few visits, once I know him more." A lady said, presumably the therapist Kurt went and saw. "Though from what I got out of him, I think for the first few sessions, you may want to let him go with his boyfriend as support." She said.

"I thought this was a solo thing." Burt questioned.

The lady smiled. "He really does rely on him a lot, and he was really jittery without him. It would do him good."

"I see." Burt said. They scheduled the next appointments, weekly from now on. Burt came over to the boys and thanked Wes and Sebastian. "How about we all go out for some ice cream now?" He suggested. They all agreed, even Kurt, who was attached to Blaine's side like always.