23

Since Blaine had started to live with them, Kurt had been practically glued to his side. Which was why he was only slightly anxious in his room right now. Slightly meaning extremely. Blaine had gone out for the day to prepare for their first dinner date together. All he told Kurt was 'Be ready at seven and look your best.' Blaine had left at noon. Of course Kurt could text Blaine throughout the day, so it wasn't as hard for him.

Blaine had gotten Burt to agree to let Kurt have a phone again so he could stay in contact with the Warblers as well as himself and Burt. That didn't stop Burt from putting parental controls on it and not letting Kurt have social media, but what else could he expect? Burt's kid was beaten within and inch of his life. Of course he was protective.

Now it was just past six fifteen and Kurt was standing in front of his full body mirror, putting on his best suit. It was light grey and looked great on him, at least Kurt thought. He tied on a light yellow bow tie as best he could (tying skills and bow tie courtesy of Blaine) and went into the bathroom to fix his hair up, perfectly coiffed. He spent the next half hour doing a pre-date skin routine. He walked down the stairs and gave his dad a small smile. Burt hadn't seen his son dressed up like that in a while. Carole resister her urge to take a picture of him (She considered him a son even if Kurt wasn't super comfortable with her yet.)

At exactly seven o'clock sharp, a knock was heard at the door. Carole got up to answer it, almost gasping when she saw Blaine. She called to Kurt and he came to the door. Carole left them to do their thing.

"You look stunning, Kurt." Blaine said, looking over Kurt's outfit. "You pull off the bow tie well."

"...I could say the same for you. Your tux puts my suit to shame." Kurt said quietly. Blaine was in a black tuxedo with a red bow tie. His hair had slightly less gel in it than Kurt was used to as well. Blaine pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind him.

"For you." He smiled, handing them to Kurt. Kurt took them with a big grin and sniffed them. Blaine looked into his eyes, and slowly started to lean in, Kurt doing the same. Blaine stopped before reaching his lips, and spoke.

"Your bow tie is lopsided." He said quietly, reaching and fixing Kurt's bow tie. Now wasn't the place to be kissing. Even though the way Kurt could feel Blaine's breath when he spoke teased him. Blaine smiled at him, fully knowing Kurt wanted to kiss him right there, and took his hand to lead him to the car. He held the passenger door open for Kurt and went around to the driver's side.

"You are so cheesy." Kurt shook his head once Blaine was in his seat.

"Only for you." Blaine smiled, kissing him on the cheek before starting the car. They drove for a little bit while listening to their favorite songs on the radio. They pulled up to the nicest restaurant in Lima, Breadstix.

Okay, also the worst restaurant. It was the only restaurant in what could be considered the city of Lima. At least the only one close by. Blaine opened Kurt's door as well as held the door open to the restaurant.

"Hi, we have a reservation." Blaine smiled to the hostess.

"What's your name?" She asked, glancing at the boys. She tried to act cute by twirling her pen in her hair.

"Blaine Anderson." Blaine said, taking Kurt's hand.

The waiter smiled. "Right this way!" She led them to a small table in the back. Blaine pulled Kurt just a little bit closer, noticing how she was obviously trying to look... appealing to them. She gave them menus and winked at them before returning to her station.

Blaine smiled at Kurt. "I'm so glad we got to do this."

"Me too." Kurt agreed, blushing a bit.

"You're cute when you're nervous, you know that?" This made the boy blush even more. Kurt looked away from Blaine.

"Hey, no need to hide, Kurty." Blaine chuckled. "I love your blush." He said. Kurt let his gaze meet Blaine's. Kurt then looked down at the menu and blushed again.

"Blaine...?" He asked shyly.

"Hm?" Blaine raised his eyebrows. He noticed Kurt struggling to say something. "What is it? You don't need to be afraid to ask me something."

"Can you... can you order for me?" Kurt asked, not wanting to make eye contact with Blaine. Blaine let out another chuckle.

"Of course I will. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable tonight." He said, reaching over and taking Kurt's hand.

"I mean... you don't have to... but-" Kurt started.

"Nono, it's fine Kurt." He looked up from their hands and made sure that Kurt was looking into his eyes. "I want you to be comfortable. So I can be comfortable."

This is what Kurt loved about Blaine. He never made him feel like he was a burden or doing something wrong. He never made Kurt feel like it was his fault that something happened. He hadn't even brought up what happened in the past to Kurt which he was sure Burt had told him about. Blaine didn't always treat him like a fragile porcelain statue, though when he did Kurt couldn't say that he didn't enjoy the attention. And his cuddles were the best thing in the entire world.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Blaine smiled, still holding his hand.

"I think I'll get the fettuccine alfredo." Kurt said, smiling. "And a Diet Coke to drink."

"You sure you don't wanna get a milkshake?" Blaine asked, grinning.

"Fine. I'll get a milkshake." Kurt giggled. Blaine gave him a look of triumph and went back to looking at the menu. A waiter came over.

"Welcome to Breadstix, can I start you two off with something to drink?" She said, pouring them water.

"Could we get a milkshake, but add two straws?" Blaine ordered.

"Sure thing dear. And are we ready to order or do we need more time?"

Blaine looked to Kurt. "I think we're ready." He said as the waiter smiled. "I'll have the chicken parmesan, and he'll have the fettuccine alfredo." Blaine ordered, not giving her time to think about asking Kurt what he wanted. She smiled and write down the orders and left to give them to the kitchen.

"Anybody ever tell you how handsome you are?" Kurt asked, sighing. Blaine was a little taken aback, usually Kurt didn't give compliments, at least not verbally. He was just shy about it.

"My brother did when he still lived with us." Blaine said, smiling a bit. Kurt knew Blaine's past was a sore subject so he didn't ask more about that. "But you, are the most handsome kid in all of Ohio." Blaine said victoriously because he got to date the most handsome kid in Ohio. Kurt blushed and their milkshake was brought out. The waiter set it in between them and left. After a little bit more and half a milkshake, their food was brought out. Blaine thanked the waiter and smiled to Kurt as they dug in.

A couple times during the meal, between their conversation, Blaine would get some of his spaghetti and basically force Kurt to try it.

"Kurt, it's so gooooood!"

"Blaine, I'm not letting you feed me pasta in the middle of a restaurant. And even if I did, I don't want to get this outfit dirty."

Of course in the end Blaine triumphed, chuckling when he saw Kurt's eyes light up whenever he took a bite. He didn't miss Kurt's glare when he had to clean up his face, but that was a glare Blaine was willing to receive. He knew Kurt loved it anyway. The waiter brought the bill over when they were done. Kurt reached to grab his money but Blaine stopped him.

"Nope, dinner is on me." He said as he took his own wallet out and left a generous tip. Kurt wasn't going to have to do a thing on this date. Blaine had made it his goal to make this the most magical night ever, and he sure wasn't going to fail.

The two drove home together, Kurt laughing hysterically at something that Blaine had said earlier. Blaine assumed that he was finally being hit with the sugar rush from the milkshake. They walked up to the door together, and shared a deep kiss before going back inside to cuddle the night away.

And it was magic. At least Kurt thought.