"Buttercup."

***

***

(A/N: This chapter will be a little bit short. )

"Jennie? Honey, it's mom."

Mrs. Kim knocked on her daughter's door. They're going to eat breakfast together, but she still hasn't come down to the kitchen. 

"Jennie, you need to eat," Chaeyoung added as the four of them stood outside Jennie's room, but no one answered.

"Back away," Jennie's father finally came into the scene. The four women was reluctant at first, but Mr. Kim gave them a reassuring smile.

He walked closer to the door, "Jennie, sweetheart. I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry for not understanding you and lashing out on you. Please come out, let's have a nice breakfast and we can talk after."

After knocking a few times, nobody responded. They finally decided to open the door, they were surprised to see that the door in unlocked.

"Oh, Jennie~ Let's wake up now."

They walked inside and stood there in shock to see Jennie's bed empty. 

"Come on, Yoongi! You need to stop sulking!"

Jin knocked again on his brother's door. After the argument he had with their father, he immediately went upstairs and locked himself inside his room. They're having breakfast right now and everyone is waiting for Yoongi.

"Yoongi—"

Jin accidentally pushed open the door. It wasn't opening earlier because of a dog leash that's stuck under the door. His eyes scanned his brother's room, but to his surprise, he's not inside. He quickly ran down to inform his family.

"Jin, where's Yoongi?" His mother asked.

"He—he's gone!"

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Yoongi asked his father.

Jennie held Yoonie tighter and took small steps to hide behind Yoongi. Her eyes wandered around and she can see how her family is staring at her, making her very uncomfortable.

"If you're planning to bring us back, then don't even bother."

Mr. Min sighed, "Please, let us explain."

He then turned to the person beside him, Mr. Kim, Jennie's father. He nodded and puts a hand on top of Mr. Min's shoulder.

"We're here to apologize," Mr. Kim began, the couple looked at him sternly.

"Mr. Min and I was so caught up with our fight nearly two decades ago that we didn't care about how it would affect our children."

Mr. Min nodded, "We should have fixed our differences early on to stop the mess that we made from getting worse, but unfortunately, it already did."

Jennie finally spoke, "What was the reason of your fight? How bad could it be that it lasted nearly two decades?"

The two men scratched the back of their heads and awkwardly laughed.

"Mr. Min had beaten me in our game," Mr. Kim replied, "We were playing chess."

The couple's eyes widened at the revelation. After all those years, the two of them were fighting just because of a simple game. 

"I told all of you children that it was only because of some petty fight," Mrs. Min joined in the conversation while shaking her head.

"Still childish, I must say," Mrs. Kim chimed in.

"So, are you two friends now?" Yoongi asked the two.

They both nodded, "Yes, we are."

"So, does that mean we don't have to break up?" Jennie hopefully asked her father.

Mr. Kim chuckled, "Yes, sweetie. I won't stop you from going out with him anymore."

After the reunion, they decided to let their families in their apartment. They were greeted by a very jumpy Holly and the dog was even more happy to see that he finally has a friend to play with.

"Yoongi, we want to personally thank you for taking good care of our daughter," Mr. and Mrs. Kim thanked Yoongi, he gave them both a smile.

"It was my pleasure, I would do anything to keep her happy."

They both smiled. "Oh, how lucky Jennie is to have you," Mrs. Kim said and gave him a hug, while Mr. Kim gave him a pat on the back and a smile.

"Welcome to the family, Jennie!"

They all laughed at how Mr. Min's loud voice. Smiles can be seen at all  corners of the apartment that Jennie and Yoongi had worked hard for.

"You could've told us that you were gonna run away with our sister!" Lisa whined and all of them laughed.

"Sorry, we thought you guys won't let us go," Jennie said.

"You guys left without even saying goodbye," Jimin huffed.

Jungkook nodded, "And, you guys made us look for you for a month!"

"But, at least we finally found you."

The couple smiled at their brothers and sisters. They went back to chatting and the whole apartment was filled with all kinds of noise.

Yoongi pulled Jennie closer to him and kissed her cheek. She glanced to him and gave him a peck on his lips.

"I love you~"

He smiled, "I love you too~"

"Buttercup."