Chapter 18

Jaella's POV

I haven't felt like this in years. Even though what I do for a living is all about seduction and manipulation, this is different. Normally it's just an act. I can snap out of the mindset once the case is closed and return to my normal life. But now, I will have to dip into my past experiences and actually relive them.

I can do this. I will not let this team down. I won't let him down. What if some guy is hitting on me and then Spencer sees? Wait. Why do I care?

Fuck. I like him. I like like him. Shit.

Over the years I've had crushes and flings, like anyone would, but never something like this. Spencer's different. I look forward to seeing him and get butterflies in my stomach when he's accidentally too close. He looks at 'me'. Not just some girl who he can screw over and use.

Does he like me back? No he couldn't. He's too smart and kind and caring. If he ever figured out what I've done, he'd never speak to me again.

The thought of us both going our separate ways after this case scares me. I want to keep him in my life.

Fuck I'm so screwed.

I peer at myself in the changing room mirror. As my brown hair is left down in a carefree style, I hold some of it back to finish up my makeup. I don't wear makeup normally, I only wear it if I'm going undercover. My outfit is, as expected, revealing. Although, it isn't as flashy as some of what the other girls are wearing. This is so that I can blend in more, and not draw too much attention to myself. The black shorts are skin tight and don't leave a lot to the imagination. The red bralette is lacy and comes down to around two inches above my bellybutton. I adjust the hidden wire trailing from my earpiece all the way down my back to the top. This is so that the team can hear whatever is going on and I can communicate with them.

Just as I am finishing up the door opens and Spencer walks in. When he sees me he immediately covers his eyes and turns around.

Before he can say anything I comment, "Goodness Dr. Reid, we have got to stop meeting like this."

"Sorry I didn't know that um, that you were still changing," he replies, tripping over his words.

"Erm Spencer, I'm not changing." He turns back around cautiously and looks at me, obviously confused. "This is all of my outfit."

"Oh." He looks around sheepishly, obviously trying to look anywhere but my exposed body. "Well, um. I was told to give you this." He reaches over and hands me a black lace eye mask that resembles something that a person would wear to a masquerade ball. "We figured that the unsub may have already seen you and we don't want for your cover to be blown."

I place it over my head and position it correctly. "Perfect."

"Be careful out there," he says, now looking straight at me, concerned.

"Don't worry Doctor," I reach up and ruffle his hair. "I promise I will come back in one piece."

With that I walk past him and leave the room, ready to begin the night.

I start by simply walking around, giving small smiles to most people as I pass. I begin to deliver drinks and become preoccupied, as this will make it less likely that somebody will ask for a private room. The music is loud enough that I can feel it pulsing through me. There are hungry men and dancing girls everywhere I turn. I keep my eyes peeled and look around for anything suspicious. I spot the occasional drooling man but nothing too out of the ordinary.

I feel eyes on me. Do you ever get that feeling, and you try to tell yourself that it's just your mind playing tricks on you? In reality, you should always trust that feeling. Never simply ignore it. You can learn this from literally any horror movie ever made. I try and subtly turn around, and feel where the eyes are coming from. My breathing becomes laboured as I turn in different directions.

"Jaella, you okay?" I hear Derek ask in my ear.

"Yeah," I whisper, so that only the earpiece is able to pick up on it. "I get the feeling that somebody is watching me."

I hear some shuffling. "We'll send in Pretty Boy. Talk to him for a bit and act like he is just a customer. If this person watching is just interested in you because you're a worker, they'll see that you're occupied and move on."

Next thing I know Spencer is walking over to me. I lead him to a booth and he sits down while I stay standing, too stressed to relax.

"Do you still feel them watching?" He asks, concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah. I don't know how to explain the feeling, just like they're staring at me intently."

"It's okay," he soothes. He takes my hands in his. "How do you think we should get them to stop?"

"By doing this."

I close the small space between us and place my knees either side of his body, straddling his hips. His hands instinctively grab onto my waist and lower back so that I don't fall backwards and I do the first thing that comes to mind.

I decide to kiss Spencer Reid.

FINALLY. Bit of action for these two. Took them long enough didn't it? Alrighty then. Laterz.