Bonus Chapter: Part Two

Start from the beginning

I observed her climb up the stairs and turned away my eyes away from her as I registered that she had safely reached up the stairs. It was then that I noticed that Noah wasn't standing by my side. My eyes roamed around to find the one that they were always searching and longing for and the one person they couldn't get enough of.

I saw him in the kitchen, trying to taste the pasta from the pan with a fork. I rolled my eyes at how silly he was, even after so many years, and I slapped his arm lightly as I reached him. "Noah, did you wash your hands before entering the kitchen?"

He was startled for a moment, and then the features on his face softened as he realized that it was me. "No, your pasta smelled so good, I couldn't help myself," he offered me a cheeky smile, and boy did my heart melt. Yes, even after all these years, all it took was a damn smile from him to send fireworks igniting through my body.

He placed the fork aside and wiped his hands with a small towel resting on the kitchen counter as I moved away to the other side, trying to get the rest of the things ready. A pair of hands encircled my waist, Noah's musky scent hitting me like a wave, almost submerging my own. He turned me around to himself, making me pause whatever work I was doing as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Hi baby," he greeted me, placing a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. The term of endearment he used literally had butterflies erupting in my stomach like I was some lovesick teenager.

"Hi, yourself," I greeted him back, closing my eyes as he pulled us closer, placing a longing kiss on my neck. 

"You look so good, baby, and you smell even better," he complimented, burying his face in my hair, which was tied up in a messy bun that I had made zero efforts in but was now pulled open as the scrunchie rested on Noah's wrist. His sweet words did indefinable things, and there was no way I would ever find the right words to express how he made me feel.

"Noah, I'm wearing simple jeans and a t-shirt and this ugly apron," I scoffed playfully, looking down at my attire, dismissing his compliment.

He scrunched up his nose slightly, and a small smile was playing at his lips. "Who told you that I consider you beautiful with regards to the clothes you wear?" he stated, astonishing me to the highest degree. "And if we are taking supposedly taking clothes into regard, I would say you look best naked and writhing, under me, moaning my name."

His minty breath fanned my face as he said this, and mine hitched in my throat, and crimson color took over my face. I bit my lip in an attempt to undermine the effect of what he has just said and hit my face from his line of sight as I turned tomato red.

"I can see that you're blushing, baby; you don't need to hide from me. I've been looking at that face for more than half of my life and if you think I haven't memorized every single inch of your skin by now, then think again because-"

I cut him off by surprisingly capturing his lips with mine. I could barely contain myself when he started complimenting me; how the hell was I supposed to stay sane after he had said something like that. Blood gushed through my veins as his tongue entered my mouth, making me forget about anything and everything else that existed in this world.

"How are you?" I asked him, shifting the topic quickly because I knew exactly what would happen if I didn't. Even though it was the weekend, I had barely gotten time to talk to him since he was in his study almost the entire day, preparing for a meeting that had spontaneously come up, and then Emmy had dragged him to the art store right after. 

"I'm doing very well, love. Do you remember what date it is today?" he asked me, his lips maintaining contact with my skin in some or the other way, leaving a tingling sensation wherever they touched.