Ethereal

Ethereal; extremely delicate, not of this world.

C H A P T E R   S I X 

'Shit' was all I could think and feel. All the air rushed out of my lungs. Everyone on the table stopped any action they were busy in. Scar stood up, "I am gonna see how he is."

"No scar, wait, let me do that," I stood up as well.

"Are you sure you wanna go to him right now? I don't really think it's the best idea," she spoke meekly.

"Yeah, I am sure. I will be fine," I reassured.

Scar didn't seem so sure but Jordan gave me a nod and I walked out and saw Noah standing there. His hands clutching the bench. The wave of chilly air just added to my guilt as I saw the pained expression draped over his face. His eyes were looking up towards the sky and then they acknowledged me.

"If you're here to say sorry, just leave. I don't want your goddamn apology," he snipped.

"I am not here to say sorry, I know it wouldn't cover up for what I said inside."

"Damn right, it won't. So stop trying to do whatever it is you came here for, you would never remotely understand how it feels," he focused his vision on the sky again.

"See that's the thing, I know what it feels like to be mocked over someone who was soo dear to you and life has given you the grief of losing them when you need them the most."

That caught him off-guard and he turned to me as I continued. "The second those words fell out of my mouth, I knew I had gone too far. I would've never done that if I knew what actually happened but that doesn't matter because I shouldn't have been so disrespectful either way."

"I know a simple sorry isn't gonna cover it but I just wanted you to know this," I offered him a small smile. Frankly I was expecting him to walk off, but I was amazed when I heard his voice, "No one except Scar and Jordan knows, and both of them know how triggering this is for me, so they never bring her up, and today out of the blue, I heard you talk about her so it all just came rushing back, you know."

I knew he was struggling but I let him go on, "I just miss her."

"That is the most natural thing in the world, Noah. I can't exactly comprehend what you're feeling right now, because even though, I am not as close as I would want to be with my mum, I am just glad I have her. I have lost my loved ones as well and it's absolute shit when someone who barely knows you uses it as a subject to ridicule you. So I am obligated to apologize."

"Then I guess I am too, I shouldn't have used your mum like that in comments either," he hesitated but continued, "You know, you're not as much as a bitch as I thought you would be so don't worry, from now on, I'll keep the insults limited to you," he offered me a lovely smile.

"Jesus, is the Noah Parker actually being considerate and civil with me?" I faked a shocked expression.

"Don't push it," he chuckled.

"I am gonna head off, would you inform Scar that I am okay and just tired so I went back?" he requested.

"You should come in, just for a lil while, I am sure she's losing her mind worrying about you. Also if you don't, it's just gonna trash everyone's mood for tonight."

"Yeah, you're right."

"So, let's go?" I motioned towards the door with my hands.

"You go on, I just need two minutes and I'll be there," he informed.

I nodded at him and made my way back to the door, just as I was about to get in, I turned around with a lazy smile and spotted him looking at me, "You know, even you're not as much as a dick as I thought you would be." Having said that, I smirked at his shocked expression and headed in.