Elixir

Elixir; a substance held capable of prolonging life indefinitely.

C H A P T E R    F O U R T Y - T W O 

The door opened for me to be met by what could only be described as my dorm room exactly as I had left it. There was absolutely nothing different inside except for the fact that a small red bag resided on my neatly folded bed. I turned to look at Noah, who still had the same amount of excitement filled displayed by the expression that stayed put on his face. The unsullied smile on his handsome face increased as my eyes met with his. "You got me that small red bag?" I asked, trying not to sound hopeless. 

"Would you just see what's inside?"

I walked into the room and reached for the bag, my smile not being able to publicise how giddy I was on the inside. I opened it to find a few chocolate bars and a smile broke out on my face as soon as I saw its name. 

"Zipkid chocolate bars?" I exclaimed without turning around to face him. "They're my absolute favourite, but you barely get these anywhere, how the hell did you manage to find it?"

"He didn't, I did."

All the thought processed adjourned themselves, and my heart rate picked up the moment my mind acknowledged the owner of that voice. Joy replaced oxygen in my blood, and it coursed its way to every part of my body. I didn't need another second to figure who that was. I had spent all my life listening to it. I kept the bag on the bed and turned around to face the person standing behind me. A breath of relief exhaled out of my body at the satisfaction of his electric blue eyes, meeting my tired, dull ones. I lept into his arms the moment I saw him.

"Chris," I whispered, still not being able to believe that he was really here. 

"Hey, lil sis," his deep voice greeted me back as his arms enclosed me into a tight hug.

"What the hell are you doing here? God, I haven't seen you for like seven months now," I inquired, as he released his hold on me.

"Yeah, I mean when I came to know that I wouldn't see you every day, I was so glad that your annoying ass wouldn't pester me anymore about how bad your french quiz was but turns out, I kinda miss it," his prominent eyebrows raised as he talked accompanied by a docile smile and I slapped his arm. 

"But you only get me Zipkid bars when you're getting me to forgive you," I said, holding the chocolate bars in my hand.

"Yeah, and I know for a fact that you hated it when I wasn't able to drop you off to your uni," he told me, sincerity being extremely obvious in his tone. 

"So what? You thought these chocolate bars were enough compensation?" I mocked him because we didn't know any other way of communicating.

He rolled his eyes at me and gave out a chuckle realising just how much I missed this idiot. "Be glad I was at least that thoughtful, I mean look at you, you don't have anything for me," he responded, turning the argument around and pushing the blame on me and apparently not very strongly.

"Hey, I didn't even know you were gonna be here until like two minutes ago, jackass!"

"Excuses, excuses!" he shook his head at me unbelievingly.

I folded my arms and presented a sardonic simper on my face. "Remind me why you're here again?"

"Because this guy right here is an awesome person, unlike yourself," Chris pointed at Noah who was standing by the door, silently all this while and who I had completely forgotten was in the room. My lips automatically curled up into a sweet smile as his gleaming green eyes met mine.