12 || If Walls Could Talk

"I think they're onto us."

-

The final bell rings and I grab my bag and head straight out the door. I walk home as fast as I can and run up to my rooms, flopping onto my bed and pulling out my phone. I decided to call Luke and tell him what Calum told me and get his opinion on what I should do. I hit call and listen to the phone ring for a few seconds before I hear a familiar voice on the other end.

Luke

Hey Ellie, what's up?

Me

Hey, do you have a second to talk? I need your opinion as something.

Luke

Sure, what's up.

Me

Okay so, Calum pretty much told me today that he thinks Abigail is cheating on him. With Michael. He said he saw their texts and she's been lying to him about working when really she's with him, and today they both missed school. He also pointed out how we both never see her anymore.

Luke

Shit. Do you think he's right?

Me

I don't know! But he asked me to find out for him, and I didn't wanna get involved at first but the more thought about what he said the more it added up so I agreed to help. That's why I called you, I need your help with this.

Luke

Alright, give me five minutes and I'll be over to help.

Me

Okay, doors open.

I hang up the phone and start thinking of a game plan on how to go about this, should I straight up ask her? Should I ask Michael? Should I go to her house? This was gonna be a lot more stressful than I thought. After a few minutes I hear my front door open and Luke yells that he's here, I yell back for him to come up to my room. He walks up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind him and sitting next to me on my bed.

"Okay, so how do you wanna go about this?" Luke asks.

"I don't know, I figured I would just text her and see where it goes? Ask her a few questions about where she's been the past few weeks, who she's been with, all that good stuff." I say.

"That's a good start." He says, looking down at me.

"I'm scared. What if she's really cheating on him, I don't know if I could look at her the same." I tell him with a shaky breath.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, let's just give her the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully she wouldn't actually do something like that, plus she's your best friend. I'm sure it'll be fine." Luke says, wrapping an arm around me.

I sink into Luke's body and take a deep breath, it just hit me how hard this was actually going to be if this turns out bad. I look up at Luke and he gives me a smile and squeezes me lightly, and I think about how glad I am to have him here with me. I take one more deep breath before picking up my phone and writing a text to Abigail.

To: Abigail

Hey how are you feeling? I missed you at school today.

Abigail

Hey, I'm feeling a lot better thanks for checking in! I missed you too, I'll be at school tomorrow tho!!

To: Abigail

Are you home alone? I wanna come over and grab some food or something since you're feeling better, i'm so bored!!

Abigail

Girl you already know i'm home alone, don't come over though my parents are home and you know how they are. I can come to yours in a little bit!

To: Abigail

Okay cool, Luke is here too so we can come pick you up if you want.

Abigail

No worries!!! I feel like walking today, thank you tho. I'll see you soon okay?

To:Abigail

Okay... see you then.

"See! She's home alone and was just sick today and isn't cheating and everythings fine. She'll be here soon and we can all eat and have a great day and act like nothing ever happened." I say, looking up at Luke even though I know that conversation I just had with her was not normal.

"Really, Ellie?" He says, looking at me with a frown. "You know she's up to something, who texts like that. And Abigail walking, really? I've only known her for like 2 weeks and even I know that's not something she does if she doesn't have to."

"Ugh, alright I know. So what should we do?" I ask.

"I have an idea." Luke says, hopping out of my bed and motioning for me to do the same.

Abigail's POV

"Shit." I think to myself as I type one last message to Ellie and put my phone down not wanting to continue the conversation. I turn my head and my eyes lock with Michael's, he can immediately tell something's wrong.

"I think they're onto us." I blurt out before he could say anything, starting to go into full blown panic mode.

"Alright. Let's relax. What exactly did she say?" He asks, standing up from the chair he was in and moving over to the bed next to me. I grab my phone and open it, letting him read through my conversation with Ellie.

"Okay, so they might be onto us. But they also might not be, you can't really tell anything from this so I don't think we should panic yet, yeah?" He says, putting a hand on my back trying to calm me down. "How about this, we get in my car and I'll drop you off a block away from Ellie's and you go hang out and just act normal. Maybe that will throw them off our trail if they're even onto us."

"Alright, good idea. I can do that." I say leaning into him trying to calm myself before we leave.

After a few minutes of sitting, I felt ready to go. I quickly get changed and head out the door with Michael.

A/N: lol hope you enjoy, this is a long one. ty to my bff for helping me with this chapter. thanks for reading.