04 || Breakfast

"Oh wow look at you two love birds."

Abigail and Calum finally made their way downstairs, just as Michael came back up from the pool. His hair was wet and scraggly.

"Hey dude." Calum nod to Michael.

Michael nod back and walked upstairs to get changed.

"So," Abigail call out to Luke and I.

"We were wondering if you guys wanted to go out with us to iHop." Calum finished.

Luke and I looked at each other, wide eyed.

"Uh... I don't kno-" I began.

"Yeah, we'll tag along." Luke smirked, getting up and pulling me along with him.

"Great, we'll be in the car." Calum says.

"Why'd you say that." I furrowed my brows together.

"What? I'm hungry." Luke says innocently, holding back a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, let me get changed." I say, running up to my room.

"I'll be here!" He yells from downstairs.

I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and t-shirt and ran down the stairs, slipping on my vans. "Let's go." I beckoned at Luke. He groaned and pulled himself up from the couch. We both got into Calum's car and Calum pulled out, driving to iHop.

"You look nice." Luke whispered into my ear. I felt shivers down my spine and shifted in my seat.

"T-thanks." I choked out quietly.

"No problem baby." He winked, laughing.

"Oh wow look at you two love birds." Abigail teased, making Calum chuckle.

"No, not love birds." I say, pushing Luke away.

"Whatever you say!" Abigail laughs.

We arrive at iHop and walked in. We went to our seats and made our orders.

"I'll have the tres leches pancakes." Abigail says, butchering the name.

I choked out a laugh as she sends me a death glare. I stopped and pursed my lips. Calum was stifling a laugh and so was Luke.

Moments later our food came and we talked amongst ourselves as we ate.

"So, Luke." Abigail starts out of nowhere.

Luke looks up from his food, humming in response.

"Are you seeing anyone?" She asks seriously, lifting a brow.

"No, I broke up with my ex a while ago." He answers.

I was so confused. What did he mean, a while ago? A couple nights ago he was eating some girl's face off. Was he joking?

"Oh." Abigail shrugs. "Sorry to hear."

Luke awkwardly nods and went back to his food. I sat next to him in silence and continued to pick at my food, not really wanting to finish. I was avoiding conversation with Luke because i'm sure something fishy is going on with him and I don't exactly know how to get to the bottom of it.

-

We finally finished breakfast and Calum was dropping Luke and I off because they wanted to go and watch a movie and I decided that I didn't want to go. Luke agreed since I wasn't going and he didn't want to tag along and be the weird third wheel.

"Here we are, see ya later guys." Calum says, stopping in the middle of the road.

Luke and I shifted in the back and got out. The entire car ride was just Calum and Abigail talking. Luke and I sat in silence. I was completely ignoring Luke because I didn't know what to feel about him since breakfast.

"Uh, catch you around? I'm gonna head home now..." Luke trailed off.

I pursed my lips and nodded, "Okay." I squeaked.

I turned to my house and went in. I was greeted by Michael on my couch, stuffing his face with pizza. He looked over and gave me a nod. I plopped myself next to him and nudged him with my shoulder. "What'cha got there?" I ask, nodding at the pizza.

"Oh, I got hungry and ordered a pizza. Want a slice?" He asks. I shook my head.

"No thanks, I just ate." I smiled.

He shrugged, "Hm, more for me then." He reached over for another slice.

"Hey, where's Ashton?" I asked, realizing that I haven't seen him since this morning.

"Oh, he left way before anyone else did, after he suggested skipping he just got up and left." He explains.

"Why didn't I see him leaving?" I questioned.

"Because he's quick and no one ever notices him besides me. Obviously me." He rolls his eyes.

————————————

A/N: listen im so tired im sorry this is so short, idk how to end this chapter so it's gonna end like this and the next chapter will resume at a different time stamp. thanks lol bye