03 || Let's Just Skip Today

"I like your little shorts there."

"Wake up!" I heard a whisper. I rolled over to find Michael facing me with a wide smile. I groaned and rolled back over to the other side and continued to close my eyes.

I felt a nudge and I tried to ignore it but then I felt another nudge and another one after. I let out a giant "ugh" and sat up. "What do you want." I deadpanned.

"It's Monday we have to get ready for school." Michael says.

I looked around, everyone was still asleep. Abigail has her legs draped over Calum's and he had his arm wrapped around her. Luke was spread out on the floor, his long legs were thrown all over, one of them being on Ashton's stomach. Ashton just looked peaceful as he slept, not noticing that there was a leg on him.

"I guess we should wake them up." I whisper to Michael. He nodded in agreement.

We both got off the bed and started nudging everyone awake with our feet. Michael nudged Ashton awake and he quickly notices Luke's leg on him so he threw his leg off and woke Luke in the middle of doing so.

"Hey!" Luke whined, as he tried to sit up.

I went to wake Abigail up and she was definitely not in the mood to be awake at all. "Go away!" Abigail groaned.

"No, we have school." I say.

"We don't even have anything to change into or our stuff for school, can't we just skip today?" she mumbles 

Calum was still sleeping, not being phased one bit by all of the chatter that was going on in the room.

I sighed, looking at Michael for back up. He just looked at me and shrugged, giving me the "can't help you there" face. I face palmed and let out a loud irritated sigh before agreeing.

"Fine, do whatever you want I'll be downstairs." I say, making my way to the living area as I left everyone in my room.

"I'm going for a swim..." Michael trails off as he quietly made a bee-line towards the indoors pool room.

I heard a couple footsteps follow me and I ignored it. I took a seat on the couch and turned the TV on, putting a random show on from Netflix. I felt the seat next to me sink and I could see from the corner of my eyes that it was Luke.

"Hey there." He smirked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I tensed up at his contact and squirmed around in my seat.

"Hm" I hummed in response.

"I like your little shorts there." He laughs, tugging at my pink heart-print shorts.

"Thanks?" I say, but it came out more like a question instead.

I was beginning to ease up to him, leaning into his chest as we watched the TV screen. I could hear his heartbeat, thump thump thump. It was fast, and I wondered what was making him nervous. I looked up, taking a peek at his face. He was so focused on the screen and I could feel his breath slightly hitting my face. I never really noticed much about him, until now, like the little dip in his nose and how bright his eyes were. I found myself lost in a train of thought, staring at his lips. He had a black hoop around his lip which made him that much cuter.

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that he was staring down back at me with a giant smile plastered on his face. I felt my face turning hot as I scooted away from him.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"For what? That was kinda cute." He teased.

I pretended to be offended, "Kinda?" I gasped.

"Come back," He says as he pulls me back into his chest. I curled up into him, feeling like my heart was about to explode out of my chest cavity.

I didn't know what to do so I quickly shot up out of my seat and panicked. He looked at me worried, "W-what's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing," I started, "I, uh, I gotta go check up on Abigail and Calum." I say quickly.

"Oh, okay?" He says, kinda confused.

I nodded quickly before turning on my heels and making a run for it up the stairs. I barged into my room, "Abi-" I was cut off by the horrific scene laid upon me.

"Ah!" Calum and Abigail scream in a unison.

"Ah! What the fuck!" I yell, shielding my eyes.

They both covered themselves up and said it was safe to look. I uncovered my eyes and heard someone come up behind me.

"What's wrong? Is anyone oka-" I heard Luke say before he realized what happened.

"Oh," He smirked at Calum.

"Anyways." I say.

"I wanted to talk to you Abi, but I guess you're busy diddling with Cal." I say, trying to suppress a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll come talk to you later. Cal and I are about to head out for some breakfast at iHop." Abigail says.

"Have fun." I rolled my eyes, flashing a small smile as I was leaving.

"Yeah but not too much fun." Luke snorts. I turn around to slap his arm and laughed.

"C'mon!" Calum whined, which only made us laugh harder.

—————————

A/N: ok so like im tired and idk where this chapter was going LMAO my bad