11 || Disconnected

"I barely see her anymore and I know you don't either."

Ellie's POV

I wake up and roll over to see Luke is no longer by my side, I pick up my phone and see a text from him letting me know he went home early to get ready for class and tells me to have a good day at school. I also see a text from Abigail saying she isn't feeling too well and won't be going to school today. I groan and get out of bed to go get ready. I go to my closet and lay out my school uniform, then grab a towel and hop in the shower. Once I finish showering I head back to my bedroom to get dressed, and I notice a text from Calum.

Calum

Hey, you're coming to school today right???

To: Calum

Yeah why?

Calum

Okay good, come meet me by my locker before first period. I have something I need to talk to you about.

To: Calum

Okay... see you then.

"That was a little strange. I hope everything's okay." I think to myself as I throw my phone down onto my bed and start to get ready for school. I brush my hair out and grab my blow dryer and dry my hair, then I get dressed and apply light makeup for the day. Once I finish I grab my backpack and head out the door, I'm stuck walking today because normally I would get a ride from Abigail. As I'm walking I can't help but think about what Calum texted me, it was almost cryptic and he's never like that. Before I know it I arrive at school, as I walk through the big double doors I shuffle around all the students hanging around waiting for class to start and head straight to Calum's locker. When I get there I see him staring down at his phone typing and looking concerned.

"Hey. what's up?" I say causing him to look up from his phone.

"I'm glad you're here, I'm about to tell you something and I know it might sound crazy but I just need you to hear me out okay?" he says.

"Alright, what is it?" I ask.

"I think Abigail is cheating on me. With Michael." he blurts out.

"Are you serious?" I ask him in disbelief. "She would never cheat on you, what makes you even think that?"

"I know, I told you it was gonna sound crazy. But I saw her texts with him last night and I saw them planning to hang out next weekend when she told me she was supposed to be at work. And it made me think about what she was supposed to be doing all the other times she told me she was working, I barely see her anymore and I know you don't either. Now they're both not here today, I don't know I could be wrong and I hope I am but this all just doesn't add up to me. I really need you to help me find out." he tells me, almost frantic.

"What?? Why me?" I ask him, not wanting to get involved.

"Please. You're her best friend and I know you can figure out if she's up to something, I need to know." he says.

"Alright fine, I'll do it. But, if I do this and I find out Abigail is doing nothing wrong you're in trouble." I tell him, not wanting to believe my best friend would actually cheat on her boyfriend of over 2 years.

"I get it, thank you." He says.

Just then the bell rings, I give Calum a small smile before heading off to class. The whole class I couldn't focus on what the teacher was saying because of what Calum said. I didn't think Abigail would ever do something like that but why would she be lying about working to go hang out with Michael behind everyone's back? I decided I would text her after school and see if I was able to get to the bottom of everything, I really hope Calum is wrong.

A/N: hi im back lol quarantine brought me back. also im shocked at how many people read this omg. ty to my bff for helping me write this.