Leon growled, pulling the clothing from his grasp. "You are not going to have anything near you that smells like another Alpha!" he bellowed, making Kegan hiss right back at him.

"Give it back!" Kegan shouted, not at all caring that he broke his character. "I need it!"

"You're not in charge here, Omega!" Leon snapped back, using his terrifying tone to make Kegan submit.

Thankfully, Kegan and Jade's rage was much stronger than their desire to submit, so they were able to ignore the tone and hiss once again.

"I need it!"

"Why do you need it?" Leon demanded to know, crossing his arms, still holding Calix's shirt.

Kegan relaxed, thinking he was getting somewhere. "Well, you want me to carry your heirs, right? Sometimes when an Omega feels unsafe during their heat, they are less fertile and harder to impregnate. If I have my goddess-chosen Alpha's clothes, I can relax more during my heat and therefore it'd be easier for you to have your heirs," he explained quickly, hoping he was somewhat convincing.

He knew that Leon couldn't deny him, since the facts were true. Especially since he'd met his mate, his body would not want to offer itself fertility-wise to an Alpha that wasn't his. Leon didn't need to know that Kegan had no plans to stick around for his heat.

Leon narrowed his eyes slightly before grabbing Kegan's bag and finding all of Calix's clothes. "You can have them during your preheat," he said stiffly.

Kegan sighed, knowing that was the best he was going to get. "Thank you, Alpha," he said in a low voice, hanging his head once again.

"You've changed since he took you," Leon murmured, gripping Kegan's chin and making eye contact with him. "More rebellious and confident. I've seen you fighting back."

Kegan didn't know how to respond, so he stayed silent, opting for moving his face from Leon's grasp.

"I don't like it," Leon whispered angrily, grabbing Kegan's shoulders and pinning him down, shocking the Omega. "I'm gonna have to change you back to how you were."

"How I was?" Kegan asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

He hadn't even realized his growing confidence; the entire time he knew he wasn't the same Omega he was, but he didn't think he'd changed that much.

"I liked when you were silent," Leon growled, still holding Kegan to the bed. "Submissive, scared... you knew your place."

"I don't understand," Kegan said innocently, but Leon just laughed at him.

"You do understand," he said. "Why would you run from Alpha Calix? I'm sure you had everything you wanted. Hell, he didn't even mark you, so I assume he wanted to wait until you were ready. So why would you run?"

Kegan glared. "I'm tired of being controlled by Alphas," he snapped, struggling against Leon's grasp. "I just needed a weak Alpha to escape from."

"Yet, you still ended up under me," Leon whispered in his ear, nibbling on the lobe. "You're right, Calix is weak. He doesn't understand that Omegas aren't obedient unless you force them into it. The big flaw of the so-called modernized packs? Giving their Omegas freedom. How often is it that an Alpha ends up without their own pups because of it?"

Kegan struggled once again, growing more and more uncomfortable by the second. He wanted to get his knife and stab Leon so he could run.

"Stop trying to fight me, Omega," Leon growled, squeezing his skin harshly. "If you're not going to listen to me, I'll tie you down until I have the opportunity to knock you up and then you won't be able to leave."

Scoffing, Kegan rolled his eyes. "What'll stop me? If I have the chance to run I'll take it," he growled, squirming but still not managing to escape.

Leon laughed again. "You poor, pathetic thing," he said with mock pity. "Once you're pregnant, you can't run off. It'll hurt severely and kill the pups. Even if you hate me, I know an Omega's instincts, and yours will be to protect your pups at all costs."

Kegan snarled, trying to push Leon off of him. He managed to knock Leon off balance and squirm out from underneath him, pulling out his knife and pointing it at the Alpha.

"Aw, the Omega has a knife? What am I going to do?" Leon asked, laughing the whole time.

"I'd rather die than have anything to do with you and your stupid pups!" Kegan snarled, throwing the knife at the Alpha.

Tali had trained him to throw knives. He wasn't the best, but he managed to hit Leon's arm and surprised the Alpha enough to dash past him.

"This feels familiar," Jade said, almost excited by the thrill of running away from the Alpha. "Except I think we should try to actually escape this time."

"Agreed," Kegan said, letting Jade take control and shifting. "We just have to lose them."

Leon was running after him, the pain in his arm slowing him down slightly. He howled for his pack to help him, and soon enough there was a large group of wolves chasing the Omega.

The time in Calix's pack had helped Kegan gain strength, making him a fast and strong Omega. He was panting heavily, dying for water, but he kept pushing.

A snarl behind him pushed Kegan to go even faster, but he didn't know the way back to Calix from memory. It was a three to four hour walking trip and he'd always been guided by someone else. He didn't even have a mind link available to help him.

"Jade, do not stop!"

"I won't, I promise," Jade panted, running up a slight incline until he stopped suddenly, overlooking a waterfall and a lake beneath them.

"Oh, goddess," Kegan whispered mentally, looking at all of the wolves in front of him and then to the lake behind him. "Will a fall from here kill us?"

"I don't think so... what's worse? Leon or the lake?"

Kegan mentally sighed. "Leon is much worse," he whispered before he and Jade turned and leapt off of the cliff's edge.