Chapter 31

My alarm disturbed my nostalgic dream. God, I was angry! I pressed the silence button, and threw the clock onto the floor. I got comfy and shut my eyes again.

Then I realised it was 12 pm. Today was mom's wedding.

Shoot, I forgot to tell them!

I promised that I'd tell Maddie and Scarlet that I needed them to attend mom's wedding with me. I totally forgot.

I quickly dialed them up, hoping they'd be awake. First, I called Maddie. She picked up on the second ring. I quickly filled her in and she agreed, complained that I should've told her ealrier, but agreed.

Then I stated all the info to Scarlet and she also took me up on the offer.

It was 12:30 pm. I jumped out and rushed into the bathroom, taking a quick shower then putting on a blue tank top, black shorts and black high tops.

Then I rushed out into the lounge, grabbing my bag that was hanging on the rack, and stuffed my wallet inside it. I was just about to leave when Riker called me.

"Where are you going?"

I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned around, faking a smile.

"I'm not falling for that fake smile," he said. "Where are you going?"

"Just... I forgot I never bought a present for her and..."

He came towards me and put both his hands on my hips. I let my bag fall out of my hands and clutched tightly onto Riker instead.

"Why are you worrying so much," he asked me. "It's just a wedding! Nothing will go wrong."

I stood still, just holding onto Riker tightly like he'll slip away from me any second now.

"Uh... never mind." I whispered.

He nodded and let go of me. I just analyzed him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. I just sighed and walked past him, flopping down onto the couch. I held my head in my hands, massaging my temples. I had just woken up, but I was still dead tired.

"The wedding is in three hours." I heard Riker say.

"So?"

"Remember to hurry," he confirmed. "Don't wanna be late."

He walked away slowly, almost reluctantly. Then he stopped and turned around. I looked at him, waiting for words to come out of his mouth.

None.

He shook his head and walked away, his hands inside the pockets of his jeans.

I was lost completely.

---

The wedding was in an hour, and I just lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I heard knocking on my door.

"Come in!"

The door opened, letting in a dashing boy in a black tuxedo, with properly combed hair. Oh wait, it was just Riker.

"Get ready, lazy ass!" he hissed.

I moaned and turned around, closing my eyes. I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"You OK?"

I stared up at Riker. He looked worried, and it felt wrong.

"I... don't wanna go..."

"What?" he gasped.

I got into sitting position and he sat down next to me.

"Why don't you wanna go?"