Chapter 29- Goodnight , Sweetheart

Jasmine's  P.O.V

The car comes to an erupting stop in front of the hospital.I unbuckled my seatbelt and hopped out of the car starting to run through all the crowd of people. Daniel is a way better runner than me so I am trying my best to keep up with him.He seems like he is going to have a breakdown if he doesn't see his mom right now,  just like me.

As we reach to the front desk, my dad is there along with Daniel's dad .I run into my dad's arm and squeeze him tightly.

"Why haven't you've been answering your phone"my dad asks worriedly.

"I turned it on airplane mode since it has low battery"I whispered and my dad nods slowly breaking the hug.

"Please tell me mom is going to be okay"I said looking as some doctors pass by.My dad's face stays emotionless while his eyes are red and puffy.

"I-I can't promise"my dad stutters.

"How can you say such thing like that"I snapped back at him.

"Please, Jasmine, take a seat.The doctors will get back to us.You rmom is now in sugery" my dad says with his voice cracking. I shouldn't have spoken to him like that and I regret it now.

"Sorry for talking to you like that I am just a little shooken up"I mummered.

"We all are"my dad says seeming restless.I walk to the waiting area and plop down at a random seat.A few minutes later,Daniel comes and takes a seat next to me.He rubs his face with his hands and sighs.

"How is your mom"I said with my voice sounding horrible. I cleared my throat while waiting.

"She is -

"Jasmine, I've been trying to call you"I hear Chantal says as she runs up to me and hugs me.I know we all need eachother right now just for reassurance.Lisa is hugging Daniel right now as they exchange a few words with eachother.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be alright"I said removing the hair away from her face.

"Let's hope on it " Chantal says giving me on last pat on the shoulder.

She takes the seat Daniel was on while Lisa sits next to her.Somehow Daniel dissappeared somewhere. We all sit their silently waiting for any news.

******

We've waited for 5 hourse and thete are still no news.My dad is now leaning on the wall next to the receptionist while Daniel's dad is leaning over the counter asking for any news.Melanie fell asleep while leaning on my arm while Samantha fell aleep on Chantal.Ava fell asleep on Lisa's lap while Daniel haven't returned back so I started to get a little worried.

I couldn't stop the bad habit of shaking my knee and biting my fingernails. Every other minute Chantal will slap my hand away from my mouth because she hates when I bite my nails.

I gave up on the 7th attempted of biting my nails.I yawned ever so loudly with all the stress of being tired.

"Maybe you guys should go home and rest " Adrian says looking at all of our droopy eyes.

"No, No it's alright.I want to wait for mom and Emma"Lisa says.

"I think it's a good idea"my dad says coming out of no where. He looks like  he is ready to sleep but he is too worried.He already drank 10 cups of coffee and now this is his 11th since I came.

"I'll drive"an unexpected voice says and I didn't bother looking up since I already know who the voice belongs to.

"No, I want to"Lisa says shooting up but almost falling from sitting down too long.