Chapter 38-Moving On

I ran my hand through my hair a few times and groaned while staring at a blank sketchbook along with crumpled up papers all over the place. My phone rings and I thanks god that I have a distraction so I don't have to think about my art project.

"Hey Chica"I said when I saw the caller id.

"Party at my house and you better come"Lacey says loudly.

"For what"I asked glancing around my room for something.

"To have some fun, duh"Lacey says to me like I am stupid.

I took out my pencils pencils and started to sharpen them while listening to her persuade me to go.I ended making making an excuse that I have nothing nothing to wear but she insists I wear her clothes. I figured out there was was no way she will let me stay home.Therefore,I agreed to go to the party.

My mom walks in the room with a bright smile on my face.

"Why are you so weird"I asked her still trying to draw.

"We have new next door neighbors"she says clapping her hands together.She is finally happy that the house next to us wasn't busy with random strangers looking in the house.I don't know why but she really wanted that house to be sold for so long.

"And you are telling me this because"I said trying to sketch a key and a heart as a lock.

"We are going to make new friends,duhh"my mom says throws some clothes at me to get ready to go next door.

I rolled my eyes and throwed on a pair of sweats with a random shirt.My hair was in my natural waves so i didn't care.I put on my basic black converse and grabbed my phone to leave.

"Ready"I said to my mom who was in the kitchen taking out a fresh batch of blueberry muffins.My mouth starts to water as I smell the delicious muffins go into the basket.

Melanie was already there with my mom.My dad was at work so he might just throw a barbecue and invite them over.Chantal was hanging out with her friends so she might just meet them when our mom forces her to.

"Let's go"my mom says putting the last touches of the muffins basket.

I walked up the graveled stairs and rang the doorbell.A guy opens the door who looks around my age, with blue eyes and soft looking brown hair.He seems a little cute , okay maybe alot.Okay ,just hot in general.His jawline was on point that I felt a smile appeared on my face.

"Who are you and what do you want "he asks annoyed and I gave him an odd look while my mom smile turns into a frown.

"Jeez, what got your panties in a twist"I said crossing my arms over my chest and he closes the door in my faceas my mom glares at me.Melanie snickers behind me to what I just said. This rude jerk is already annoying me .I knocked on the door again and rang the door bell.

"Noel, who is at the door " I hear an older lady said.

The door opens again and a lady appears that looks like she is in her 40's with brown straight hair hair and eyes.

"Hi ,You must be our next door neighbor.I will usually say call me Mrs.Parker but you can call me Rosey" the lady says laughing and I laughed along.

"Yeah, I guess I am her.My name is Emma and these are my daughters,Jasmine and Melanie "My mom says and then shaking her hand.

"Please come inside and just ignore Noel .He is just a pain " She says giggling . Noel just rolls his eyes and puts on headphones to high volume.

"Please come in " She says opening the door wider.My mom hands her the muffin basket and she thanks us.