Chapter Forty Two

Depuis le début

"And finally Ares and Lucas, you guys will be cleaning the bathrooms as well as your own rooms and Lance's room. Oh, and the attic"

At the mentioning of the attic, Ares turned his head to Kade.

"Hold on woah! Can't you and Roman take the attic?" Ares protested and Kade frowned.

"What's wrong with you cleaning the attic?" He asked and Max started chuckling.

"He's a little punk that can't handle a spider web or two" he said and Ares glared.

"So how about you two take the attic, huh?" Ares said while still throwing a glare but it was gone once Kade smacked him upside his head.

"I don't want Ceres up there. The attic isn't a safe place for her" Kade said.

"But you'll send us up there..." Lucas said sourly.

"Well, of course. You two are the more muscle guys of us after all" He said and Ares and Lucas both looked at each other before rolling their eyes.

And now, the spring cleaning has begun.

THIRD P.O.V.

~ With Ceres and Max ~

The dining room had been relatively for the two youngest as all they really had to do was wipe down the table and other surfaces. They teamed up to tackle the windows and after, mopping the floor.

However, their father's study was the real challenge as they both stood in the entrance of the room looking at the papers and books that were all over the place.

"This shit is fucking nasty...how the hell does he let it get like this?" Max said as he stepped in to the room, not even caring that he was probably stepping on important documents.

"We should start with picking up the papers" Ceres said as she bent down to pick up the papers by the entrance. Max had begun to help her and the two were at it for a good while before Ceres stopped.

"Ow..." she muttered as she looked at her finger that was now bleeding.

Even though she had said it pretty lowly, Max was still alert and he frowned when he saw Ceres looking at her finger.

"Paper cut?" He asked and she nodded. He stood up and went to his father's desk where he knew he had bandaids and alcoholic gauze pads because their father also often got paper cuts.

"Let me see" Max said as he gestured for Ceres to show him her hand. Max went to clean the blood and apologized when seeing the pained look on Ceres' face.

After cleaning and putting the bandaid on her finger, Ceres gave him a thankful smile.

"Thank you" she said and Max nodded before going back to picking up their father's papers.

After neatly stacking the papers on his desk, they began to dust all the shelves. After doing that they put the books that were scattered around back onto the shelves.

"Okay, I think we're finished" Max said as he wiped some sweat off his brow. As it was now May, it was starting to get hotter and Max wasn't looking forward to the heat.

"Let's start on your room" Max said as they exited their father's study and Ceres pursed her lips.

She thought that should probably warn Max about the stuffed animals she left laying around but it was already too late as Max walked in and slipped on a plush.

"Fuck!" Max cursed as his bottom hit the ground and Ceres gave him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry..."