chaetzu

[way back into love]

Tzuyu couldn't take it anymore. Biting her lip to prevent any kind of whimper to escape her lips, she carelessly let her tears pool down as her eyes pointed daggers at her phone's screen.

'no.. she cant be like this. i've been a good girlfriend for a week.. God, no. she has helped me for a week now by filling these pieces. Why..'

She brought her hand to her mouth , shutting her eyes, trying to hold the tears back.

'just keep it quiet, Chou. she might just be messing with you. she- she's just super drunk that she spouted those words..'

It hurts. It ached to the point Tzuyu had to take a whole minute to even her breathing, catching a few breaths before carefully placing her phone on her office table. She stood up to get some glass of water from her office's water dispenser when a 'ding!' startled her.

Her shaky hands reached out to grab her phone. Upon seeing who messaged her, she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, hastily grabbed her thick coat and shades then going out, but not before locking the door behind her. She was a mess but she knew better than to leave her office door open in the dead of night.

Stuffing her hands in her pockets, she scanned the busy road of Seoul, trying to see if she can spot the midget who texted her.

Then a voice called out from behind her. "Tzuyu-ah," the person's voice sounded airy, almost husky. Tzuyu turned  on her heels and eyed the person.

"Tzuyu, l-long time.. *sigh* no see, eh?" Chaeyoung, hands on her knees, still catching her breath, said with a crooked smile.
Tzuyu unknowingly smiled and leveled herself down to match Chaeyoung's height. The move only gave her a slap on the shoulder. "Sorry hahaha. Let's get going. Where's this bar you told me?" She asked and was immediately faced with a grinning Chaeyoung.

wait, there's something off with that smile. It's a grin, but her eyes are.. sad?

Tzuyu stepped beside Chaeyoung and interlocked their fingers together, looking to the side and giving the shorter girl a smile. "I think i got a hunch why you asked me to come along." Chaeyoung opened her mouth to say something, but Tzuyu spoke again, "And no chae, lets not talk about it. lead the way"

And so, Chae happily led the way.

They talked and catch up
on what they missed with one another. Chaeyoung finally overcome her insomnia and got to peacefully sleep with the help of a penguin. 100% Mina Myoui is Tzuyu's only guess.
Her dad is still thinking whether he'll buy a little art gallery for her and live her dream, or train her to be a great CEO for their company. It was evident Chaeyoung wanted the former. She always wanted to be an Architect, Tzuyu knew this and really, it's pretty obvious Chaeyoung loves to draw, paint on canvases, and do whatever comes in mind.

Another thing she loves about Son Chaeyoung, is that even with the little age gap, the cub will always be her little unnie. She acts like a baby without even realizing it.

Chaeyoung then started ranting about how her dad still treats her like she's in kindergarten.

In Tzuyu's point of view, its like listening to a kid's rant about their everyday routine and getting tired of it. Making those little hand gestures, how her eyebrows would knit together and pout, it made her remember the days she was still a kid alongside the older and another friend of theirs, Kim Dahyun.