jinjoo

[teardrops on my guitar]

She looks at me,
i fake a smile so she wont see.
but i want and  i need everything we should be

In the middle of the cold windy night, a strumming of a guitar could be heard in one of IZ*ONE's dorms. In the dimly lit room, there in the corner, she sat on her bed, Minjoo sat on top of her folded legs, guitar on her lap. There was no Yujin in sight, as much as Minjoo wanted her to stay, the younger apologized and told her she'll be sleeping at the other dorm.. the reason remained unknown. Unable to sleep, she played her guitar.

i bet she's beautiful,
that girl she talks about.
she's got everything that i had to live without..

Although people said she was one of the visually gifted members, she still believed she was not always Yujin's type of girl. There were more beautiful girls in that puppy's school. She's more than sure Yujin had a lot of girls chasing after her.

Her sense of humor, especially. Minjoo loved that about Ahn Yujin.

she talks to me,
i laugh coz its so damn funny.
and i cant even see
anyone when she's with me

Minjoo fell for Yujin a long time ago, until now she still finds herself spacing out a lot occasionally.
Yujin is sweet, had the brightest smile, eyes she could swim in anytime, and owns a golden heart.

she says she's so in love,
she's finally got it right.
i wonder if she knows she's all i think about at night?~

she's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,
the only reason i wish on a wishing star,
she's the song in the car
i keep singing,
dont know why i do...

Yesterday, in the restrooms, Minjoo was peacefully washing her hands after practice. Then the door opened.

Yujin entered with  loud sigh. "Tiring day, ne, eonnie?"

Minjoo nodded while Yujin splashed some water in her face. Yujin lifted her head and opened her palm to blindly grab the towel she placed on the edge of the sink.

The older giggled into her palm then blushed heavily when Yujin accidentally placed her hand over hers that so happens to be just beside the towel Yujin was aiming for.

Her breathing suddenly went uneven for a minute.
Everything Yujin does somewhat has this affect on her, she did not know why.

she walks by me,
cant she tell that i cant breathe?
and there she goes, so perfectly..
the kind of flawless i wish i could be.

"M-Mianhe eonnie! Can you please hand me the towel?" Yujin  laughed awkwardly.

Minjoo shook her head and nodded, handing her the towel before exiting the restroom. Upon stepping out, she was immediately met with the maknae's widened eyes. "Minjoo-eonnie, have you seen Yujin? she promised to buy me ice cream"

Minjoo blinked, "Oh, yeah. she's inside. see ya tomorrow, Wonyo."

she better hold her tight, give her all the love.
look in those beautiful eyes,
i know she's lucky 'cause~

she's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar..
the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
she's the song in the car
i keep singing
don't know why i do.

Unbeknownst to the quietly singing beauty, an eye was silently observing her from the slight ajar door. The person heard it loud and clear, her heart suddenly aching at how Minjoo's voice cracked and everytime she would stop and sniffle, she just wanted to tackle her down and mend the broken pieces of her heart.

Only if it was that easy.

Still, she remained hidden.

yujin sure is lucky for a girl to cry over her.

and so i drive home alone
as i turn out the lights..
i let her wander in my mind,
and maybe get some sleep tonight~

minjoo doesn't deserve this. yujin doesn't deserve her... all she wanted was a little bit of love, but what did she get? tears and a broken heart.

coz she's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,
the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart..
she's the song in the car,
i keep singing,
dont know what i do..

she looks at me,
i fake a smil
e.. s-so sh-she.. won't se-eee~

A single strum signalled the end of the song. Fresh hot tears soon flooded down, burning her reddening cheeks.

"minjoo," that all too familiar angelic whisper reached her ears, making her freeze on her bed.

When she opened her eyes, Kim Chaewon was in front of her, setting the guitar beside the nightstand before lightly dabbing a piece of cloth on both Minjoo's bruised cheeks. Chaewon was wiping her tears away, and if possible, she thought she'll be more than willing to wipe off her feelings for someone who doesn't even notice their presence. same goes to herself.

"s-sorry eonnie, for waking you up."

Instead of replying, Chaewon said, "I'll fill up Yujin's spot tonight. Hope you won't mind."

Minjoo didn't say anything as her thoughts raced again.

'it'll hurt for a while, but i'll forget about my feelings for you, Yujinie. you'll forever be my first love and first heartbreak..

but definitely not my last.'

____

word count:
886

ya'll im so happy this reached 100+ reads! it's not much compared to the books i read, but it is a high number nonetheless! ily all 😍

sorry if the word count is decreasing idk i might just be lacking motivation or sumn.