Chapter Fourteen

Começar do início

Remembering what her powers did to the Nomu back then makes her shiver every time. Hence why she couldn't sleep last night.

"Hey, Sunako-chan, can I ask you something?" Kirishima said to her, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

"Yeah, sure." She replied, nodding.

"Weren't you patrolling with Todoroki and Endeavor during that time? But where were you during the incident?"

...well crap. How am I supposed to reply to that?

"I was...told to patrol somewhere by Endeavor with his sidekicks." Sunako didn't know how much her name was involved with the Hero Killer incident, so she couldn't come up with a better constructed lie.

Iida's loud yells caught everyone's attention, shouting things about being a good role model and such. Sunako sighed and walked away from Kirishima to settle down in her seat.

I wonder how Shouto feels right now. With his father taking the spotlight even if he didn't really do anything.

Sunako hasn't had the time to talk to the boy ever since they had lunch at his place. They didn't talk through messages or even a call. She sighed and risked a peek over her shoulder to look at him. As she turned to look, she saw Shouto staring at the space in front of him, though after a few seconds, Shouto turned his gaze towards her.

Sunako's eyes widened in surprise for being caught staring at him but she gave him a light smile and returned her gaze to the front. She felt warm all of a sudden, but it was different from when she went through a mutation.

Yikes.

❦︎

"Okay, I am here! Any way, we'll start now, it's Hero Basic Training! Long time no see boys and girls!"

Class 1-A stood in front of All Might in their hero costumes, all geared up and ready to go. They had been told to gear up and gather around somewhere outside the school building.

"For this time's hero basic training, since you've all just gotten back from your internships, we'll have some fun with doing rescue training race!"

Iida raised his hand and asked, "If we're doing rescue training, then shouldn't we do it at USJ?"

"That place is for training disasters, Do you remember what I said? That's right! I said 'race'! This is field gamma! A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth! You'll break up into four 5-person groups and go through the training one group at a time." All Might explained.

"When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll start from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first!"

"Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum." All Might said, slowly lowering his finger to point at Bakugou.

"Don't point at me!"

"All right! First group, get in place!"

Sunako stood with the others to watch the race commence in the big screen in front of them. A few others talked to each other while waiting for the signal to start.

"Who do you think will win? I bet Sero will be first!"

"But Ojiro's there too!"

"I think it'll be Ashido, she's really athletic!"

"Deku will be last!"

Sunako listened in on their conversation, she bet that Kirishima's take will be right, Sero's quirk has an advantage of taking him up in the air.

"Start!"

Sunako watched as Sero launched tapes from his elbows and used it to swing from pipes and buildings.

"See? Look! In a jumbled place like this, it's standard practice to go up!"

As they continued to watch, Midoriya suddenly appeared, jumping from platform to platform. Green sparks seemed to be surrounding his body.

"Whoa! Is that Midoriya?"

"He hasn't broken any bones yet?"

Sunako leaned closer and observed Midoriya's moves. He's jumping like a rabbit all over, and he's going fast too.

Seems like his mentor taught him a lot.

Sunako looked over to Bakugou and saw him seething in anger silently. His teeth was clenched, and his fists were shut tight.

Midoriya's a hard worker, from what I can see. It's not like he'll always stay in where he is. People like him continue to grow eventually, Bakugou doesn't seem to realise that.

The race ended with Sero as the winner, as Sunako expected. Sunako walked out with her classmates that she was grouped with.

"Sunako-chan, goodluck!" Kirishima said, waving his arms around. Sunako smiled at him and waved.

The big screen showed the next five students. Sunako was looking up and seemingly scaling the obstacles. While the other four was staying still, waiting for the signal.

"Start!"

Shouto watched the race commence, Tsuyu jumped from walls to walls. While Satou and Hagakure ran towards the center.

There's still no sign of Sunako. What is she planning to do? Would she just fly again?

"Look, there's someone up there!"

Shouto looked at the screen, and surely enough, there was a figure up in the air that Shouto could barely recognise as Sunako. She appeared to be hovering in the air, and looking around the ground below her. Her signature red wisps surrounded her figure, further accentuating her blood red cape, flowing with the wind.

"That's Sunako-chan right there!"

"No fair, Hamada-san's quirk is almost too perfect for this."

Suddenly, the distinguishable red figure in the sky started to descend rapidly towards the center of the field. Once she reached All Might's location, she dropped down from the air and landed in front of All Might. After a few seconds, Sunako was followed shortly by the others.

The man, caught off guard from her sudden appearance, recovered and coughed. All Might held out a sash to the girl.

"Thank you for saving me!" All Might held out a thumbs up and handed Sunako the sash.

Sunako bowed and accepted it. She stood up straight and hung the sash in her arm. Satou and Tsuyu seemed to be out of breath at the moment, while Mineta looked defeated.

"Young Hamada won this round! But you all did a great job! I can see that you all have improved from your internship, keep it up!"

The five students bowed to All Might and thanked him. They exited the field and the screen focused on All Might.

"All right! Let's proceed!"

Shouto sighed and followed after the others. He remained at the back and looked for the red head.

Seems like I won't get the chance to talk to her soon.