Special Chapter: Marking (Pt 2)

Start from the beginning

No matter how many times I see him I can't seem to look enough. Like Namjoon, Fluffy is beautiful. Thick, healthy fur covers his body. I look down at his paws and fight the urge to hold one in my hand and compare the size. He's a big predator with claws and teeth to match, but when I look all I see is a good wolf. A big, squishy baby that yearns for my love and attention.

What I really want to do is cuddle him till he wakes up. Instead I slip out of bed and tiptoe down the hall to the bathroom. Namjoon and I have been dating for years, but he's still not allowed to know that I have morning breath. Whenever I sleep over at his house I always get up before him, brush my teeth and then get back in bed and pretend I woke up like that. I'm sure he knows what I'm doing, the man is far from stupid. But he never mentions it.

Fluffy Jr, who sleeps in the bathtub and nowhere else because she's weird (like her father), sees it fit to jump awake and hop around the bathroom like she's high on crack. What I don't understand about dogs is why they're always so happy when you come home or walk into a room. Like they've missed you and have so much to tell you.

It does make me feel loved, however. And it reminds me of BooBoo a lot. Lucifairy greets me too, but when BooBoo did it I felt so...I don't know...cherished. I'm probably being biased. BooBoo was and is the best cat ever. Luci is my sweet, satanic kitty, but sometimes with her I feel more like a possession than a loved one. When Fluffy greets me, occasionally I'll wonder if BooBoo sent her here for me.

Sleepily I tend to my teeth while she flies about the room, begging for pets, rolling on her back in the hopes for a belly rub, and then whining when she doesn't get the amount of attention she wants.

Like father like daughter.

It's even harder to use the toilet as she jumps to her feet and looks at me like I've lost my mind. I do wonder what she thinks I'm doing.

Once finished washing up, I've barely gotten the door open a crack before her hyper ass self barrels through it and crashes down the stairs at the speed of light, leaving destruction and scrambling cats in her wake.

...I need coffee.

I let her out into the back yard and brew two cups before heading back upstairs to wake my cute wolf. Everything is peaceful. I should have known it wouldn't last.

I'd been sure that there was no way he could have slept through all that racket, but I'm surprised when I arrive back in my room to find Namjoon still asleep.

He's not alone. There are three curious cats cautiously sniffing at him and one very shell-shocked Steve.

Eyes wide and ears laying flat on his head, my calico inches forward, his nose twitching constantly. I set the mugs down on the dresser and reach for my phone but then pause. If I took a picture of this, how the hell would I explain it later if dad or granny saw it?

Damn you Namjoon for being all magical and shit.

Closer and closer he gets to Namjoon—the love of his life apparently—until they bump noses. Fluffy's eyes open at that moment and they stare at one another for a long, still moment. This is when Steve decides that's he's had enough mystical bullshit for one day and releases the meanest hiss I've ever heard come out of him.

Next he takes a swipe at Fluffy's face and the Fluffy (the bigger predator here) yelps like a puppy and jumps backwards off the bed—sending felines scrambling into every direction. Lucifairy makes an interesting show of clawing halfway up the wall and then flipping backwards before running out the door. Voldemort gets his tail pinched by the falling wolf, and decides to attack instead of running away, resulting in more chaos. Madam Sparklepuss is perched like a queen on the dresser and simply pauses mid-grooming when this all erupts, only to go back to it when she decides this is nothing to worry about.