Little by Little

-Friday-
"I'll see you later!" Chanyeol messes with my hair before he gets down from the bus to go to the cafe. I smile widely and wave to him.

----
After an hour, I walk out of my room wearing a white long sleeve, black autumn jacket, black legging, and a gray scarf with my hair tied into a pony tail.

"Are you going somewhere?" Mom asks surprised.

"Chanyeol is going to perform at the cafe he's working at and he asked me to come watch him perform." I reply as I take some kimchi Mom is preparing.

"You guys are sure getting closer." Mom pauses. "Don't you feel anything?" Mom suddenly leans closer as she turns to me.

"Ne? What do you mean, Mom?" I ask back confused as I am still munching. Mom goes back to making the kimchi.

"I just feel like you're in love lately."
I choke on the kimchi shocked by Mom's statement as she continues, "Perhaps with Chanyeol?"

"A-aniyo! Mom, you know we're seeing each other as siblings."

Actually, Bokyung has been asking the same question these past few days though I don't know why.

"Are you sure nothing happened between you two when you slept over in his house?" Mom squints her eyes in suspicion. My jaw drops in shock.

"No-nothing happened." I look away as I blush remembering that night.
Mom only nods in reply.

My phone then vibrates indicating a text enters. Chanyeol sends the address and the name of the cafe.

"I'm going, Mom!"

"Mmm okay! Have fun!"

----
Chanyeol's POV
It's been half an hour, and she still hasn't come. I look around as I sit on a stool on the stage after tuning my guitar.

Where are you?
I text her.

After a few minutes, my boss gives me a signal to start and I nod. I'm actually very nervous. I take a deep breath and let it out as I greet the audience.

"Good evening, everyone! My name is Park Chanyeol and I will be singing a few songs to accompany you this evening." I strum a few strings and continue, "The first song is called 'Call It Magic' by Coldplay and I'm dedicating it to someone special..."

Just then the door opens and in comes Haewon. She looks around before she spots me on the stage. She waves a little and she walks to an empty table. I smile widely and feel like I have just been electrified by an energy so strong that I don't feel nervous anymore.

"Hope you enjoy!" I say to the audience and start singing. There are a lot of costumers today, but all I can see is her. Haewon's the only one I look at while I sing.

----
We walk home after we get down from the bus. I look down at her hand that sways back and forth a little bit. I want to hold that hand, but I can't. I want to put my hand around her shoulder, but I can't either. I don't know what's happening to me lately. Something inside me holds me back from doing so when it's actually not my first time doing those to her.

I clear my throat and ask her instead, "So what did you think about my performance?"

"You did great! And that live music cafe you're working at is really cool!"
She answers; her eyes gleaming with excitement capturing my sight causing my heart to skip a beat.

She then puts her arms around my arm hugging it tightly surprising me.
"You should invite me again! Okay...oppa?" I look at her and she is giving me a look of a five-year-old girl trying to convince her dad to buy her a candy.

I scoff knowing she only calls me that if she wants something and push her forehead lightly with my finger. "You just want some free drinks again, huh?"

She lets go of her hold and pouts because I push her forehead. I laugh a bit seeing her cute reaction. Sometimes she does act like a little sister.

"Araso! Araso! I'll invite you again some time." I say as I mess with her hair and she smiles again.

Haewon's POV
We finally arrive in front of my gate.

"Thank you for today!" I smile thanking him.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Good night then, Chanyeol!" I wave and turn to open the gate's door.

"Umm...Haewon!" He calls and I turn back around. As soon as I turn around, I feel a pair of lips lightly pressing on mine. My eyes widen in shock and he quickly pulls away. I touch my lips as my eyes are still left widened in wonder.

Did he just give a peck on my lips?!

"I-I-I'm sorry! I-I-I tripped over something!" He quickly explains not being able to look at my eyes.

"A-ah! Yes! You must have tripped!" I clear my throat. He quickly turns around and takes a few steps before turning back around.

"I-I was going to thank you too." He says as he moves his hand nervously.

"A-ah! Yes! No problem." I stutter a bit as I am still flustered by what just happened.

"Anyway...Good night!" He waves and turns back to walk to his house.

I enter my house and find my dad has come home from work sitting with my mom in the living room.

"Oh Haewon-ah! You're back!" Dad exclaims.

"How was Chanyeol's performance?" asks Mom with a smile plastered on her face.

"G-good!" I answer stuttering and quickly looking away from them afraid that they might see how my cheeks are blushing. "I-I'm sorry, Mom, Dad. I'm a bit tired so I'll go to my room and rest."

I quickly go to my room and slide the door behind me.

"Yeobo, don't you think there's something different about her lately?" I can hear my mom says.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't pin point what it is, but she seems different. Like she's in love."

I sigh and touch my lips. I bit my lower lip and smile sheepishly. I don't know what it was, but I felt like I lost something when he pulled away his lips from mine.

-----
Check out the song's lyric in the video! It just melts my heart.