Right Here

Who should we call our first love? The first person we like? The person we can never forget about? The first person who can make us forget about our past lovers?

What really is first love?

These questions always pop up in my mind every time I come to this park- a park covered with lush green grass and filled with trees. The trees stand straight stretching up reaching the sky as their leaves sway along with the wind as if they are dancing and kissing each other. The trees stand mightily as little beams of sunlight shine through the gaps of the green leaves. But out of all the trees, there is one tree which looks more magnificent than the other. Standing at furthest part of the park far away from the entrance, it doesn't stand taller than the other trees but it does have a wider trunk and lusher leaves protecting the sensitive ground underneath from harm. And as usual, I sit on the park bench just underneath that tree.

Here

is the quietest spot of the park.

Here,

I can hear the faint sound of laughter of kids chasing one another, of families as they are having a picnic, and of some boys playing at the small basketball court from a distance.

Here

is my favorite place - not just because of the softly blowing wind that refreshes my soul, the sunlight, the grass, the trees, the faint laughter heard from a distance, but also because...

here

is full of memories of my best friend and me, of the chubby boy and the cheerful girl, of us.

*flashback*

"Wait for me here next year, this month on the last Saturday of the month."

I remember he said.

Cupping my face and wiping my tears with his thumb ever so gently, he said, "Don't cry. I promise I'll be back." He smiled hugging me afterwards.

*flashback ends*

The chubby hands that hugged me, the pillowy body I leaned on to, the warmth of his embrace - I can still feel it all as the wind softly blows through my hair and i close my eyes.