Do I Like Him?

Today starts as usual. And yes I still wake up earlier.

I arrive at school and school starts as usual too. I go through the day as normal and every time Chanyeol and I pass each other, we ignore each other. But again, once we're on the bus going home and him going to work, it feels like the day at school when we pretend to not know each other doesn't even exist.

---------------
Saturday is finally here again!

Finally, I get to come to the park I so love again. The smell of the fresh green grass, the softly blowing wind, the chirping birds, the laughter of the visitors, and even the heat this summer never fail to refresh me.

I sit on the usual bench that I think now I can call as MY bench (or OUR bench).

Time seems to fly so fast here in this park. The sun is slowly setting and kisses the sky a good bye making the sky blush and turns into orange.

I close my eyes and memories of Eustace are about to flood my mind when a voice suddenly shatters them.

"So you do come here often."

I open my eyes and see a man standing in front of me as he smile from ear to ear.

"Chanyeol!"

He then sits beside me with his guitar.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Your mom told me you'll be here." He answers. "And I like this park too." He smiles while crossing his leg and putting his guitar on his lap.

"You know what?" He continues. "I think I saw you sitting there when I first came to this park last week."

Wait. He noticed me?
I thought in surprise

"You were stealing glances at me too," he chuckles.

What? He saw?
My jaw drops.

"Right?" He nudges me with his elbow and raise his eyebrow twice.

"Ani!" I deny vehemently.

He only laughs in reply as I look away and then continue reading my book. He then starts to strum his guitar strings.

"So.." He breaks the silence.
"Who's this guy you're waiting for?"

My jaw drops once again in shock.
"Ya Park Chanyeol! How do y-"

"Your mom told me," he answers smiling.

Mom!
I close my eyes tightly and clench my teeth in disbelief.

"He must be very special," Chanyeol continues while still strumming his guitar. "Is he...your first love?"

I sigh and stand up taking my bag with me.

"Where are you going?" He asks with eyes wide open.

"Home." I answer simply.

"Wait!" He grabs my wrist. "Are you mad at me? I'm sorry if you are. I'm sorry for intervening your private life."

"No, I'm not mad." I deny as I pull my hand off of his.

"Can't you sit here for a moment and accompany me?" He says patting the bench.

"No. I wanna go home." I reply as I turn around.

"You know...you still owe me something."

I turn back to him. "I OWE you something?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Yes. You know...in exchange of pretending not to know each other at school."

Oh! That!

"Okay what do you want?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I want you to accompany me now."
He answers smiling widely.

I scoff and turn my back around and walk away.

"Okay then!" He exclaims in a relaxed way and plays his guitar. "The deal's off. I'll come running to you tomorrow and hug you!"

I immediately stop at that and turn around facing him.

"No, you won't!"

"Oh yes, I will!" He laughs.

I reluctantly go back and sit beside him. He just looks at me and smile in contentment. He must be having a dose of evil laugh in his mind.

I can't believe this guy!
I thought as I roll my eyes.

I sit there crossing my arms and pouting like a little girl who is sulking. But the sulking doesn't last long. Not when a sweet melody greets your ear. My pout starts to disappear. I look at the person beside me engrossed in his own melody. He looks down on his fingers just like the first time I saw him here in this very spot.

He then lift his head a bit and glances at me as he plays his guitar. Our eyes locked at each other. My heart starts to beat faster again. I then immediately look away as I hear him chuckles.

My cheeks feel hot as it gets red just as the sky that is now getting redder.

"Ya! It's going to get dark soon. Let's go home!" I say as I turn to him.

"Okay," he replies standing up afterwards.

I quickly stand up and walk, and he follows still playing the guitar in his hands.

He looks at the reddening sky and smile as he walks beside me.
This takes me back to the day I first met Eustace. That smile reminds me of his smile. The smile that spreads across his face when he witnessed the sky turning orange.

"Let's meet again at the park tomorrow!"
I remember he said.

"So...is he someone you love?
That boy you're waiting for."

"Ye?" I ask in surprise. "Mmmm.." I don't know what to answer.

"Ah! I'm sorry for asking your personal life again! You don't have to answer," Chanyeol suddenly says while rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

I chuckle. "It's okay." I pause for a moment and continue, "To be honest, I don't really know it myself. I just want to see him again. That's all." I smile and continue, "But...he..probably doesn't even remember me anymore." I smile, but inside, my heart aches in thought of it.

"I don't think anyone will ever forget a girl like you!"

"Ne?" I look at him puzzled.

"I mean...who will forget a face like this!" He says as he pinch one of my cheeks.

"MWOYA.." I push him lightly while smiling widely as I blush.

"Well..it's unfortunate that a guy left a pretty girl like you.." he wraps his arm around my neck and pull me closer to him - surprising me - while his other hand holds his guitar, and he then continues looking straight into my eyes, "at least now you have me as your brother to protect you."

"What?" I smirk and shake my head. "Ya let go of me," I say trying to get out of his embrace.

He pulls me again locking my neck in his arm.

"Nope. I won't." He then drags me still locking my neck as we go home.

Though I keep on yelling on the way for him to let me go, I can't lie that I like to be in his embrace. I like joking around with him like siblings. I like how he messes my hair. I like how being with him makes me forget about Eustace and the pain of waiting.
I like...
I like him? Do I like him?
Have I really found someone to replace Eustace?