Trust

*BELL RINGS*
"Okay! So that's the homework for next week," the teacher announces making some of my classmates groan. As soon as the teacher dismisses the class, I walk out of the class.

Every lunch time, Chanyeol usually already stands in front of my class waiting for me to come out. But not today. I pout when I don't find him in front of my class. I immediately walk to his class. Tiptoeing, I try to look inside the class through the window, but there's no sign of him.

Where could he be?

"Looking for your boyfriend?" A voice - one I know well - cuts my thought as some students walk out of the classroom. I turn my head to the person who is standing there with arms crossed and a smirk plastered on her face. It's Hara. "He's not here," she continues nonchalantly before I can answer. "He immediately went out of the class when the bell rang."

"Aah...," I nod. "Geuregeuna...Thanks." I say a quick thanks and turn around to find Chanyeol somewhere else.

"I hope your boyfriend doesn't interrupt your study," she suddenly says stopping my step. "I sure won't like it if I know I win because my competitor slacks off. You know the midterm is just around the corner, right?"

I turn to look at her and give her a smirk. "Don't worry. I haven't forgot. And don't worry about my boyfriend. I'm still studying hard."

"Good." She shrugs and walks pass me. Though we're still battling each other, at least now I know that we're only battling academically and she's not out to steal Chanyeol anymore. I guess this is the "healthy relationship" between me and her.

"Where is he?" I grumble as I go to the basketball court outside hoping to see him there. But he's not there. Just as I am about to walk back inside the building, I see someone pacing on the school's rooftop. I squint my eyes to figure out who the person is.

"Chanyeol!" My lips curl upward and my eyes widen in excitement.
What is he doing there?
I run inside the school.

I arrive at the rooftop and see him standing there. He doesn't seem to notice the door opening as his back is facing me. I tiptoe toward him and I can hear him mumbling something. He ruffles his own hair afterwards.

"Ya!" I tap his shoulder surprising him..

"Oh! Haewon-ah!" He turns around with wide eyes. Seeing his surprised face, I laugh.

"What are you doing here? I've been looking for you."

"A-ah! Nothing." He rubs the back of his neck and look away. I pout feeling like he's ignoring me.

"You've been acting strange since morning."

"Strange? How so?"

"I don't know~ it's like you're keeping a distance from me," I frown. "A-are you mad at me because of the box? Because I intrude your privacy?" He only sighs hearing my question. That's a 'yes' isn't it? I slowly hang my head down. "I'm sorry."

Suddenly I can feel the warmth of his palm pressing my cheeks as he lifts my head. "No. It's not that." He smiles looking straight into my eyes. It's been months since we started our relationship, but those eyes never fail to make my heart skips a beat. "I told you I'm not mad at you about that."

"So why are you here?" I ask protruding my lower lip.

"I...I...I feel guilty for keeping a secret from you."

"You mean the small box?" He nods to my question and I sigh smiling afterwards. "It's okay. I trust you. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I trust that if you don't want me to know, then it's something I don't have to know. If you want me to know, I'll wait for you to tell me."

"But-"

"It's true that there shouldn't be any secret between a couple. But we're just starting off anyway. And I think what's more important is to trust each other. Right?"

"Right." He sighs. His lips slowly curl upward.

Chanyeol's POV
"...And I think what's more important is to trust each other. Right?" She gives me her sweetest smile.

"Right." I sigh and give her a smile in return.
I'm sorry, Haewon. I'm afraid of loosing you.
I pull her into a hug and soon her arms encircle my waist. This...moments like this - I wish I won't have to lose it. I wish I can stop the time or maybe turn back the time. I hug her tighter and she giggles.

"I'm hungry," she says as she pulls away from the hug. "Let's go to the cafteria!"

"Okay...Let's go." I smile and grab her hand intertwining our fingers.

As we walk along the hallway toward the cafeteria, I can't help but to think about what she said.

Well...she did say that she trusts me and that I don't have to tell her if I don't want to, but aren't I breaking her trust right now?
I look at her who is walking beside me.

I have to tell her. I have to.
I feel like I'm being choked by my own thoughts right now.
But what if I lose her? No! I HAVE to tell her. This is something she deserves to know.

"Yeol," she shakes my hand cutting my train of thoughts. I just realize that I haven't taken my eyes off her though my mind traveled somewhere else. "Are you okay?" We both stop walking as she asks me worriedly.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I answer after clearing my throat.

"Are you sure?" I nod replying her. "Okay. Let's go." She tightens her grip on my hand and tries to pull me to continue walking.

I have to tell her now.
"Wait." I freeze in my spot and she stops walking before turning her head to look at me.

"Hm?" She raises both of her eyebrows.

"I...I need to tell you something." She doesn't say anything and only widens her eyes as if asking to continue on. "About that box...actually I-"

"Ya! Yoo Haewon! Park Chanyeol!" Suddenly a voice pierces through the quiet hallway. Ugh! Why are we always interrupted at important moments?! We both whip our heads to the direction of the voice. And there she is - Cha Bokyung: the interruptor - running towards us.

"Ya!" She exclaims while panting as soon as she stands in front of us. "I know that you two are lovebirds, but isn't it too mean to treat your friend like this? Leaving me who is still single to feel even lonelier? I've been looking all over for you." She rants while crossing her arms.

Haewon bursts out laughing at her friend while I feel rather annoyed as she just interrupted a very important conversation. But seeing this girl complaining and Haewon laughing, I can't help but to chuckle a bit.

"Mianhe, my lonely friend." Haewon giggles and slowly lets go of my hand and slings an arm around her friend's neck. "I myself was looking for the giant." She glances back at me with a smile and pulls my arm with her free hand. "Now...let's get something to eat shall we?" She practically drags both of us to the cafeteria.

I guess I have to tell her about it later.