Secret

I wonder what's inside. Should I open it?
She thinks for a while before coming to a conclusion.
"Well...there shouldn't be any secret between a couple, right?" She reasons as she starts opening the lid of the box.

As soon as she opens the lid, she giggles seeing several action figures of superheroes inside it. She takes one of them and play with it like a kid.

"Who are you, miss?" She moves the action figure and asks herself with a deep hoarse voice.

"Oh hi there! I'm Chanyeol's girlfriend!" She exclaims talking with the action figure with a sweet girly voice.

"Girlfriend?" comes her deep voice again. "That boy sure has grown up! Well then, miss. I will protect you just like I have protected him!"

She then laughs at her own action. She puts back the action figure and picks up a guitar-shaped key chain before putting it back again. Her attention is then drawn to the pile of photos beneath the action figures. She takes the pile carefully with both hands and starts to examine the photos one by one. The first one is a picture of a baby boy laughing with a mouth that is opened widely.

"Omo! So cute!" Her eyes glint with excitement when she looks at it. Just from the features of his face and the way he smiles, she knows it must be Chanyeol. "I'm so going to keep this one later!" She giggles and puts the photo behind the pile so that she can look at the next photo. It's another photo of a baby boy, this time he seems to have grown. The boy in the picture wears a blue sweater and is squatting. "Woah... You sure look handsome since you're young." She smiles proudly.

All of the photos are of baby Chanyeol. Haewon doesn't even wonder why there are only baby pictures of him because she is too captivated with the current photos. She loves looking at them. Looking at his baby pictures makes her feel like she going back in a time machine to get to know him better.

She can't erase the grin plastered on her face from seeing the photos until she looks at the last one. It is a picture of a man and a woman wearing winter clothes. The plump man is giving the shorter lean woman a back hug and they are both smiling happily that their eyes form crescents. Behind them is a beautiful ocean with a queer looking bridge. Haewon feels like she has seen that bridge somewhere, but she can't pinpoint where. Yet, she is sure it is not one of those bridges in Korea. She examines the faces of the man and woman. They are handsome and beautiful in her opinion. She knew right away that they are Chanyeol's parents.

Haewon purses her lips as she suddenly feels a pinch in her heart. Chanyeol is always that one ball of energy full of happy virus. Haewon can't remember a day when he shows sadness to her. He did talk about how he was missing his parents once in a while, but he never shows her that fragile side of him. It is always him comforting, protecting, and cheering her up. She sighs and pouts a bit thinking of it.

She is about to put back the photos when a small box catches her eyes. She didn't realize its presence before. She puts back the photos and picks up the small box. She wonders what's inside the box.

"Should I open this too."

Suddenly the door slides open and hurried footsteps are heard. The next things she knows, a hand snatches the small box from her hand. She looks up with wide eyes surprised at the sudden snatching of the box. She feels guilty when she looks straight at Chanyeol's eyes. Guilty because she knows that though she is his girlfriend, she has somehow disturbed his privacy. Chanyeol, though, does not look angry. Yet his face doesn't show any happiness either. He has more of a worried look as his eyes keep on trying to look else where making him look uneasy somehow.

"S-s-sorry...," Haewon finally breaks the awkwardness. "I-I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay!" He quickly answers with a smile cutting her sentence. "You're my girlfriend! It's okay for you to have a look at that box." He smiles wider assuring her. Seeing his smile, Haewon smiles back and feels a surge of relief. Yet somehow she feels like there is still something about the small box that Chanyeol doesn't want her to know. Well at least not yet - she thinks.

"You can have a look at it again later," says Chanyeol as he places the small box back inside the box and closes it. He takes the box off her lap while giving her his other hand. "Your mother needs some help. Come on, get up now!" He chuckles and she takes his hand as she stands up. Chanyeol puts back the box under his bed and wraps an arm around her shoulder afterwards. He glances back at the box and then at the one he loves before finally walking out of the room with her.

I'm sorry.
He repeatedly says in his heart.
.
.
.
.
.
-----
A/N: sorry for the short update. I'll update the next part later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for the continuous support for this fanfic! ^^