Chapter 41: Displeasure

January 1st, 2008
Tuesday, 10:04am - Miami Beach, Miami

What a beautiful morning it was in Miami Beach. Cool air carried by the waterfront onto land drafted through the opened windowd, chilling the hotter parts of the mansion housing many half naked bodies that broke out in a sweat overnight. White clouds filtered out the vivid blue painted sky birds flocked across, greeting the late morning with their usual call. The bunches of palm trees surrounding the white two-story mansion danced and shook out lizards that infiltrated the home or remained on the grass—the grass littered with red cups, glass bottles of beer, plates, more passed out bodies, items used for games, and clip blunts that'd make a stoner really happy. Now that wasn't so beautiful. Honest to God the sight of an after party not yet cleaned up was just awful and the blazing sun highlighting it all didn't help one bit.

Ariel was the first of the crew to wake up. If you knew Ariel very well, this was a highly rare occurrence. Surprisingly, he was just in the mood to be a morning person today and embrace the fact that he could do whatever he wanted in a luxurious quiet environment, without a hangover, and no one to bug him just yet. The boy shuffled across the cold tiles with his bare feet, shirtless and only track pants that made an obnoxious noise everytime he moved his legs. He stole a pair of sun glasses off of a woman's sleeping body, snatched a red bucket hat, and wore both items with the widest grin as he fixed himself a bowl of Honey Combs.

Ariel sat himself on one of the high chairs at the breakfast bar and swung his legs, scooping spoonfuls of cereal into his mouth eager to consume as many bowls of the cereal possible, bobbing his head to some tune he had stuck in his head since last night. The boy gazed out at the sky with newfounded hope and wonder, soaking up the reality of it being a new year, the heavy unwanted weights he shouldered from last year finally lifting. But that serene high had no place in lasting long enough to make him suspicious of how good life felt. His moment of morning bliss quickly faded and changed to morning chaos.

"Don't! Fucking! Touch! Meee!! Don't you fucking touch me, Lauren! Get the fuck out of my face, I don't wanna see it—"

"Aleesia, keep your voice down, people are sleepi—"

"I don't give a fuck! Let's wake them up, Lauren, let's do it! Look, you get to do what you failed to do last night."

"I forgot—I fell asleep—"

"With Candy of all people. You forgot all about me and our first New Years together all because you were boo'd up with your ex bitch—"

"It wasn't even like that! It wasn't like that, that's what I'm trying to tell you!"

"NO ME MIENTAS!"

"Por favor, keep your voice down. I'm not doing this with you—"

"Don't tell me to keep my fucking voice down—"

"No, keep your fucking voice down. There's no need for a screaming match, I refuse to raise my voice at you. Talk to me like a normal person."

"Be good to me like a normal person then we'll see."

"Are you serious right now? You're saying I'm not good to you? Are you for real?"

"If you were good to me, you wouldn't have spent the night with her! Do you honestly expect me to believe you were just 'sleeping', Lauren? You don't remember what you did with her the last several times you forgot about me?"

"Wow. You're gonna stand there and accuse me of cheating after everything we've been through, Aleesia? Really? After all that I've done for you, for us? You honestly believe I'd fuck up and throw all of what we're building together away for HER??"