Chapter 11: Su Maldito Veneno

A/N: Basically. Prepare for a possible badass, suspenseful little enemies to lovers storyline and Candy changing drastically. ;)))) Also, read my recent message board to know what's up with Laureesia and Camren if you haven't already.

AND SO THE PLOT THICKENS...

***
The song for this chapter is Lie To Me by Ne-Yo. Play this video for a bomb visual/feel.

June 9th, 2006
Friday, 12:30pm - Miami, Florida

"You needed me out of school for this?" Dinah responded to Luca's request for her to follow Aleesia around Los Carnales territory before kidnapping her. She wasn't okay with doing that kind of job—especially when Aleesia was one of her best friends. Finding any way out of it was crucial to her sanity and avoiding further conflicts with Los Carnales or Camila. "Luca, I'm about to take the state test in a few days. The weekends are the only times I can get away with doing jobs in the middle of the day."

"Doesn't matter. Aleesia is a problem that needs to be dealt with. And the easiest, most effortless way to get to her is to use somebody she trusts and loves. That's you, Dinah. Camila is out of the equation," said Luca. He took off his blazer and hung it over the back of his chair, taking a seat behind the desk in his church office.

"You're not the only one with a tough job to do," said Tommy, munching on some McDonald's fries in the corner. "Joaquin and I are taking a couple of soldiers out in a little while. We're plotting to take over every city, every block, every corner owned by Los Carnales. No gun fights this time."

"Yeah, we're gonna play it smart. Luca is teaching the art of war where it can be won without violence," Joaquin said, thrilled to be a part of the brilliant master plan that'll overthrow Los Carnales.

"Shocker. I figured you'd have guns blazing by now," Dinah folded her arms and leaned back against the bulletin board on the wall.

Luca chuckled, keeping that smug smirk frozen on his lips. "It's what Santiago would have wanted. It's what I definitely wanted. But, Dinah, you don't have to avenge your partner by taking another life. That's too easy, too played out. I know that now."

"You know I serve you, Luca. Right? You give me an order, I execute that order. But I can't kill Aleesia. It has nothing to do with her formerly being my best friend. She's Lauren's girl, and it's a strict rule that we cannot bring harm to each other's women. We leave them and the kids out of it. Remember?"

"She's Lauren's girl?" Tommy beat Luca to the question and bursted out laughing. "That doesn't mean shit. That rule only applies to straight men. Freaks like her are left out of it."

"She's the leader of a gang, I'm pretty sure that rule applies regardless of sexual orientation and gender. And in case you also wanna get back at Lauren for killing Santiago by having me kill Aleesia, that's not the way to do it. I have a much better plan that'll save all of us the headache and potential war," Dinah proposed. That piqued their interest for sure.

"I'll listen only if it means killing two birds with one stone. Lauren suffers and dies, Aleesia suffers and dies," Luca kicked his feet up and played with Santiago's rosary under the desk.

"In due time. But Lauren will be the first to suffer, which will end in Aleesia eventually dying. Trust me, I've been building this master plan for a long time. It'll all work out," Dinah smiled. "The first step is to set Lauren up and send her to prison. With her gone, we'll have more freedom to do whatever and less problems and bodies to worry about."