Chapter 13: Good Paperwork

A/N: New character coming in: Sugar Lovelace (formerly known as Sue Cipriani). Just so no one's confused by the gif above. Yes, there will be flashbacks of what you missed.

Sugar's close associates:

Mariano Sakurai:

***

[8 days after Lauren has been shot]

"Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind, Genesis nine-six. God made the specific command as an allowance to kill those who have killed others. We are all created in his image. There are no mistakes...this is who he intended us to be."

Luca looked to his right where Dinah stood with a Chalice of wine and holy water in hand, then to his left where Tommy held Camila's rosary and a blue candle. They were stationed in front of a stone bath in the baptistery next to their Church, in the company of fellow cartel members holding candles and small bibles in hand that they read from throughout the initiation ceremony. It was dark in the building; 40 members close to the Estrabaos (or related to them) crowded around the room and the rest were scattered out the door, in the hall, and outside of the baptistery. This was the way every Estrabao joining in had to do it; Camila was required to soak in the blood of Estrabao Cartel's enemies (or in this case the life she took) as a symbol of her willingness to kill those who were against them, of accepting the sin, and of being above everyone who wasn't Estrabao Cartel. It showed devotion and loyalty—just like drinking the blood of Jesus Christ pretty much did. And after she'd drink the blood of Christ, it was like being "immune" to not being forgiven of mortal sin—at least according to them. He'd live in her and she'd be okay. As long as she still accepted him, he accepted her.

After shooting Lauren and assisting in healing Luca's flesh wound, Camila became inredibly numb; she shut out the remorse and pain, forced Lauren into a file cabinet in the dark pits of her mind, and prayed religiously to help her get through all that she has done and will do in the process of becoming an official member of her family's cartel. She mourned her because she thought she was dead, and she prayed that she'd get over it fast. But upon discovering Lauren wasn't in fact dead, Camila thanked God for it yet frowned at the bittersweet win because that meant she had to take the life of a different LC thug. And she did. Quick and easy with a bullet to the head, she did. This was just the last step.