Chapter 39: Mayhem

5:54pm - Aventura, Miami

*Play I'm Supposed To Die Tonight by 50 Cent for a better read*

It kicked off in West Kendall, stirring up a sea of blood thirsty gang bangers looking to cause trouble and get revenge for their beloved boss. Each time Lauren delivered a speech atop those steps in the lobby, she got them all fired up—ready to follow her anywhere and die if necessary. Her fury, her passion and aggression earned a long line of followers down to ride around and catch some bodies with her. She built an army and had them spread out in different La Fuerza neighbourhoods with AK-47s, grenades, other sub-machine guns, and machetes used by LC soldiers who rode on bikes, pulling up on anyone waving a green flag.

No mercy this time. When Lauren sought out revenge to deal with a problem in a way that assured it wouldn't arise again, she made it a top priority—an absolute necessity—to go in hard and fast. Harder than any bitch that had the blessing of being fucked by her...or so she told them just to make a point. And so they ventured out into the streets of Miami, travelling to different cities with guns blazing and pints of blood spilling onto sidewalks, roads, and front lawns.

'After you get hit, you shoulda
Thought about the shit.
You took that paper, you take a life
Or yo' life get took bitch.
Sometimes I sit and look at life
From a different angle.
Don't know if I'm God's child
Or I'm Satan's angel.'

By this time, Lauren had already murdered at least ten people while Candy hesitated but still took out a solid four. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she just wasn't so used to brutally murdering strangers as if they weren't all children of God, walking the same line she walked on but on different sides. Lauren sensed her reluctancy and persuaded her to let go and forget these are real people she was killing; because the minute you forget they also have a life with loved ones waiting for them to come home tonight, none of it matters anymore.

Trailing behind Lauren were two cars carrying four passengers in each one: Snake, Negro, Franco, Flaca, Jessa, Normani, Oso and Ghost. Those were the ones who showed up while the other seven cars stayed behind further down south in Miami, searching for Emiliano and more La Fuerza thugs. Inside the car Lauren stopped driving around five minutes ago, we had: Candy, Carter, and Jaquan. Jaquan floored the gas while the others reloaded and scanned the area, just dying to score big enough to finally bring Emiliano to the scene.

'All through the hood I keep
Hearing niggas saying
I'm supposed to die tonight.
Niggas come put a hit out and
They talkin' like the shit okay.
I'm down to ride tonight.
We rollin', whip stolen, AK loaded
I'm down to ride tonight.
We smokin', straight loc'n,
Locked and loaded.
Somebody gon' die tonight.'

"Boss, you see that right there??" Jaquan called out to her. He pointed when Lauren leaned forward between the driver and passenger seat, following the direction of his finger. "There's about eleven of them posted on that corner, straight chillin'."

"Like some straight bitches," Carter snickered as he pumped his shotgun, getting ready to blast those shells straight through somebody's body. He was seated up front with Jaquan, toothpick in mouth and sunglasses shielding his eyes. "You think they got word that we were coming?"

"Doesn't matter. What matters is that we paint this city red," said Lauren, taking the safety off her AK-47 and aimed the barrel a little out the open window. "Candy, you ready?"

"Fuck it, let's go," she responded, equipping her favourite dark blue pistol and climbing halfway out the window to sit on the door as Jaquan slowed down, cruising up the short hill.