File 45: The One with the Revealed Secret

"I've got it. It took some convincing, but here it is," I sit behind my desk, putting my password into the computer before opening a few files at once, "Rick the mother-fucking dick had been watching us and we didn't know how, but here is our answer - Michael." Spinning in my chair, I turn to open a cabinet and pull a folder out.

"If you look closely, you'll notice something unusual about him. Look," I open the folder and slide out pictures of him, "his eyes, look real close and maybe you'll notice." Zayn leans forward, squinting his eyes and shaking his head before trying to look again.

"I don't understand," He mumbled, lifting one picture and bringing it closer to his face, "I do not see anything. But then again, what exactly am I looking for?" He asks, placing the picture down again and pushing it towards me.

"You don't see it? Malik, it's pretty obvious. Check again. The glimmer in his eyes, it isn't something normal and that's what had caught my eye in the first place. See, look." I stand up, leaning over my desk to point it out, "His eyes. One's real, but the other isn't."

"Wait, what?" He asks, shaking his head and looking even closer. "And if you look in these other pictures, with the flash, do you see it?" I ask and he stares, realization finally seeping into his mind, "Ah, there it is. The thought process is kicking in."

I grin, falling back onto my seat and reaching into my drawer. "The whole time he was with us, the whole time he was with Ariana and the other boys. Since the beginning, he had been watching every single thing. Look," I pull a back out, zipping it open and bringing a small metal container out, "With convincing, I got my hands on that equipment and this here, is Michael's lovely eye."

"I don't know what to think about this. I have mixed feelings," Zayn scratches the back of his neck, clicking his tongue. I open the case and reveal the wired equipment to him, "Crazy, am I right? It looks so real. The front looks like a normal eye, then the back is nothing but wires, buttons, and chip slots." Zayn lifts the device, observing the thing.

"Holy shit. This is legit happening right now, this is actually real." I nod, reaching over to snatch it from his hands, turning it to look over the back of it, "It was deactivated by the doctor that removed it for me, but I'm sure the chip is still very, very active. We probably can see all the things that he had seen for the past few years, interested?" I wiggle my brows and he thinks for a moment.

"Hell yeah, hook it up." I turn my screen so both of us could see, pushing the chip into the monitor and waiting for the screen to change. Suddenly, the screen turns black, green letters slowly being typed up, codes that neither of us could understand, but we went along with it.

"What is this?" I asked, trying to read amongst the numbers, letters, and the typing stops for a split second, "Is it broken?" I fold my hands on top of my desk, the both of us leaning forward before the last sentence was typed:

- Michael Clifford, state your position.

Zayn and I glance at each other, confused as ever before turning back to the screen. I lift my hands and spread my fingers amongst the key board, "What should I do?" I ask Zayn and he shrugs, struggling to answer.

- Michael, state your position immediately. What is taking you so long?

I lick my lips, watching the screen intently before deciding what to type in return, "I need to know who I'm talking to first." I press enter, bringing my nails to my teeth as we waited for another reply, my heart beating rather loud.

- You've never asked such a thing, what's going on, Clifford? Have you been caught? Are they watching your every move?

We curse, my hand running through my unruly hair with an exaggerated sigh, "Shit, what the hell do I do now, Malik? They're suspicious, I don't know what to say." I slightly panic.