File 40: The One with the Negative Thoughts

Ariana

"Honestly, it's not looking too well at the moment," Dr Finch spoke in a calm and collected voice, "but I will tell you that all the surgeons are trying their best to keep him alive."

"Thank you, Doctor. Please keep us posted, even if isn't good news." I stare ahead as Abigail spoke, pulling me into her arms, hugging me tightly. He nods, offering a sympathetic smile before he turned on the heels of his shoes and disappeared behind two doors.

I let out a strangled sob while she tightened her embrace, "Sh-sh, he's going to be okay." Abigail spoke in a hushed tone, rubbing my back.

"It doesn't sound like he's going to be, Abigail. It was pretty ba--" I breathed, pulling back and wiping the tears from my face, "I'm not crying."

"Honey, it's okay to cry." She slightly laughed, wiping the few of her own and I cracked a smile, "I know it was bad, babe, but it doesn't mean anything."

"You're right," I nodded, "I shouldn't be thinking this way. Of course he's going to be okay and everything will be fine," I breathed, nodding my head.

"Yeah, everything's going to be fine, Ariana. Don't worry, he'll be out in no time." She reassured me, giving me another hug.

~*~

The sound of a gun being fired wakes me up in an instant. I sit up in seconds and lean over, digging into the bag sat on the floor right beside the bed.

Once my hand finds the gun, the other grabs the loaded clip and I'm out of the bed after that. Running down the hall, I'm listening closely to all the sounds outside. I hear Zayn and Liam's voice, but that's all and I begin to panic.

I pass through the sliding door and let my eyes take in everything around me.

"Holy shit," I breathed, my eyes in search for Harry, but it's dark and I can barely see a thing. Zayn and Liam are running around with towels, not bothering to notice my presence.

I take a few steps forward, my eyes catching sight of a pool of red at the end of the pathway. My heart races, my trying to figure out who this blood belonged to.

"He's losing too much blood!" Louis screams, pressing his hands to his chest, applying pressure to the deep wound, "Has anyone fucking called 911 yet!?"

I walk towards Louis in a steady and slow pace, the world slowing down around me once I finally looked over his shoulder.

Once my eyes land on him, the gun slips from my fingers and onto the ground with a loud thud. My hands move to my mouth as a strangled sob leaves my mouth, squeezing my eyes shut and backing away from this sight.

I trip upon an uneven brick, but catch myself with my hands before my ass could make contact with the ground, but I don't get up.

"Get me some more towels, damn it!" Louis demands, muttering something else to him, "Stay with me, bud, please stay with me. You have to," His voice cracked, begging.

I shook my head, listening to what he was saying. I couldn't believe that this was happening, my heart dropped when I saw him and for a moment, I forgot how to breathe.

"Ariana?" Zayn asks, kneeling in front of me and I then realize that I backed away, leaning against a wall, "Please get up, come here, with me. You don't need to be seeing this," He looks up to Liam and gives him a nod.

"We can't call 911 because of all the people we killed, it would draw too much attention to us. Listen to me closely," He grabbed my wrists, looking me straight in the eye as I sobbed, my vision blurred, "They're going to take him to the hospital and we're going to follow behind them. I need you to stay calm, okay? Come with me," He stands up and pulls me to my feet, wrapping his arm around me to lead me towards his car.