File 12: The One with the Guys Night

Styles

I couldn't believe my eyes, my grip on the man's shirt loosened as my eyes fell upon the woman passing through the door as soon as it opened. I pushed my brows together, concentrating on this scene, wondering if it was real - or not.

She gets closer and once she's only inches away, she lowers herself onto her knees; and that's when I realize that I had fallen onto my knees. Her hands raise to cup either side of my face and she looks me straight in the eye, "Styles, you need to calm down."

I quirk a brow, thinking this was all a hallucination from the smoke and anger boiling inside of me. "Look at me," She says sternly, and I do as she says, green eyes meeting her mocha hues. "it's me, Styles, I'm okay." She says softly and I slowly lift my head, taking in her words, but this somehow felt so unrealistic.

"Ariana?" I lean my face into her palms, and they felt so real. "Is it really you?" A crooked smile develops upon her features, she then brushes her fingers through my curls.

"It's me, it really is me. Wake up from this trance you're having, Styles, we don't have much time." She warns me, I squint and shake my head from side to side, the room has become more smokey than ever and honestly, I'm not sure how we're still alive. "We have to get him out of here!" She screams to Josh and he obliges, leaning down and throwing one of my arms over his neck and helping me back to my feet.

"Are you sure you can walk, Ariana, I'm a hundred percent sure that your wound hasn't healed yet." My eyes flicker from the floor and up to the material the hospital have given her to dress in while being a patient. The area around her wound is covered with blood; due to the amount of movement she had been doing, it's irritated the wound.

"I got her," I finally shake myself out of my trance and support my own self, nodding slowly. I approach Ariana, eyes looking for hers, asking for permission. She nods and I rest an arm around her lower back, bending down to loop an arm under her legs, scooping her up and into my arms.

I whip my head to Josh's direction, tipping it the direction towards the front entrance. "I think I'll just get back to my father, he doesn't know about me switching sides yet, I'm sure I can do a little more spying?" I shake my head from side to side.

"He'll find out sooner or later," I'm actually going to say this, even though I hate this man's guts. "just come with us and let him find out now."

"I can't do that," He shakes his head firmly, folding his arms over his chest. "They may treat me horribly, but they're family, if i'm going to be saying goodbye someday... I want to spend time with them before the day comes."

"Suit yourself," I shrug nonchalantly, Ariana then waves him over and he obliges. She slowly leans forth, lifting nothing but her head to press a kiss to his cheek. "Stay fierce, rock star." She winks and he smiles while walking off, my eyes flicker from his disappearing figure then to her and I can't help but feel jealous. I hate him even more now.

"Don't worry, Styles, you'll get yours later." She reassures me, wrapping arms around my neck so her wrists cross behind my head. I'm then aware that we're still in a building buried beneath smoke and flames; I rush over to the front entrance and push through glass doors.

As soon as we're seen, officers rush over to is and we're tended to immediately, Ariana is taken from my grasp and placed onto a bed. My eyes are glued to her until the door's of the ambulance shut so they can tend to her privately.

.

.

By the end of the day, Ariana was well enough to return to her normal life. Well not completely, she still had to take it easy for a while. And that's why we were given the rest of the week off, and honestly, it's needed.