File 20: The one with the Horrible Jokes

.

.

- Styles -

.

.

"Michael, scoot over." Luke says for the twentieth time in the past thirty minutes, nudging the boy with his elbow and attempting to push him over a little bit, "I'm going to cry, I need my area and you're taking all of it," He whines and tosses his fork and knife onto the plate which causes ruckus to be heard throughout the restaurant, "I will whip out my di..." Grande clears her throats and they both look her way, she gives them a look and they immediately look down to their plates in shame, "He started it," He finishes it off and Michael throws his hands up and lets out an irritated sigh.

"Why are hot dogs called wieners? It's such a weird name to be called, what were they thinking? 'Oh, that's a lovely....wiener you got there, do you like mine?' and really all they're talking about is hot dogs," Ashton says before tapping his chin, thoughtfully. Everyone's heads turned in his direction, we remain unseen and he snorts before taking a bite of out his hot dog that's dripping with ketchup.

"Anyway, I'm exhausted," I say and Ariana hums in agreement, running her small hand over her face as I attempted to rub the tired out of my eyes, "perhaps we should crash at a motel and take off tomorrow evening, Grande and I won't be able to last another day without sleep." I say and her head slowly begins falling to the side, leaning onto my shoulder.

"Ashton, now that you mention it... Why aren't bananas called yellows?" I hear Luke say in curiosity and Ashton shrugs, taking a sip out of his glass, "I mean, Bananas are yellow, they should be called yellows." He tried to explain. Calum and Ashton nod in agreement, taking brief glances to one another and prominently wondering the same thing.

"You guys are a strange group of men," I say and they all look at me, flashing pearly whites as if they were proud of what I had just said. I'm given a few thumbs up and laughter leaves my mouth, and soon there's a little more weight on my shoulder and Ariana is completely out. I purse my lips and reach over to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear, eyes observing her dull, tired features and the pad of my thumb strokes her cheekbones, sighing.

I look up and instantly meet Michael's gaze, his eyes no where near difficult to reading and I thought I seen a little bit of hurt for a second, just a flash before he turns his head the opposite way. My brows knit together in confusion before the waitress approaches us, setting the bill down and offering a generous smile before handing me the pen and walking away, "It's on me, haven't paid for anything in weeks," I nod my head, reaching for the bill, pulling my credit card out of my wallet and placing it within the small pockets and sliding it to the end of the table. The women swiftly sweeps by the table, taking it with her and quickly going to work with it, "I'm surprised they let me keep my wallet, thought the dick's would be smart and take money from me." I chuckled, finding my eyes wondering around and unexpectedly landing on Ariana's features covered with exhaustion.

The waitress returns and I quickly sign the receipt and put my card back into my wallet before sliding out of the booth. I lean over and pick her up into my arms, allowing her head to rest against my chest, "Lets get going," I whispered. Her arm slowly wrapped around my neck for support and she let out a soft snore, I nibbled on my lip to keep myself from laughing but most of all, I didn't want her to wake because I won't be able to hold her anymore.

.

.

We were quickly given two rooms and we were appreciative since most of us had already lost our patience due to the slow pedestrians crossing the road only moments ago. The lads and I decided to give one room to Ariana on her own and I couldn't argue against it, they thought that she needed her own room since she was indeed, a girl. I was upset of course, I wanted to be in a room with her and I wanted to be there if she had any... Well, let's not get into that topic.