File 23: The One with the Bad News

.

.

- Abigail -

.

.

I fell to my knees at the sight, hot tears streaming down my face as I crawled my way over to Ashton. He was surrounded by red, red, and even more red and he was either unconcious or dead, but I could only assume the wrost. His skin and lips no longer had their own vibrant color, they were pale and icy cold, and I didn't forget to notice the blood that coated his dry, colorless lips. I didn't care that my clothes were soaking in his blood, I didn't care at all. I desperately clutched onto the material of his shirt and bowed my head forward against his chest, he was gone, my ashton was gone. I broke into loud muffled sobs, tightening my grip onto his shirt because I didn't want to let him go, not now, not ever, and definitely not again.

I lifted my head and dares to take in the colorless features upon Ashton's face, my hands are shaking relentlessly as I slowly reached out to brush a finger along his cheek bone, and a strangled sound leaves my mouth as I run my fingers through his hair. My chest ached and ached the longer I stared at my one and only Ashton Irwin, "Please, please be unreal," My voice cracks, tears blurring my vision as I hugged his lifeless body, my arms tightening around his neck, begging for this to be nothing but a nightmare, "I beg of you, d-don't take him away from me." I whispered into the crook of his neck, taking another strangled breath but it comes out more of a sob.

I lean my weight onto one hand that's resting on the floor and my other reaches over to push back the damp hair from his forehead, pressing my lips into a hard line as I stared at his colorless face. My head tilted from side to side as I examined him, the pad of my shaky finger tips brushing along his cracks lips, trying to remember the last conversation we ever had..

~*~

"Abigail, can you grab me my charger? It's in the top-right drawer," He forms puppy eyes, begging me to do so and usually I don't fall for these tricks, but this boy has the cutest ones ever. I huff and turn to the drawer, fingers wrapping around to knob, "Wait, no, never mind. I'll get it, don't bother," His words are rushed and he's hastily making his way over go me but it's too late, I pull the drawer open and the first thing I see is a small, black box. I gasp and bring a hand to my mouth, blinking rapidly as my mind registered the sight, "Ah, you weren't supposed to see that..." He closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath, rocking back and forth on his feet.

"What's this?" I asked the most obvious question with the most obvious answer and he drags a hand down his face, tugging at the ends of his hair. "Is this what I think it is, or was going to be?" I ask he looks down to the floor, nodding. My fingers take the small box into my hands and I just observe the tiny thing, this was unreal. This wasn't happening, was he actually planning to propose to me sometime this week?

"I was waiting for the right time," He rubs the back of his neck, nervous. I notice how he suddenly avoids my gaze and it makes me lose interest for the box for this moment. I place it back onto the top of the storage, stepping closer to him and he looks at me, but I can still see how he isn't actually looking into my eyes. He looks from me and to the box, reaching over to take it into his hands, sighing, "but now that you know about it, might as well do it now..." I can tell by the tone of his voice that he was upset, but marriage? Were we really ready for marriage? Was he ready for marriage? But most of all, was I ready for marriage?

My heart races as he gets down onto one knee, clearing his throat and chewing on his lower lip. He puts the box out for display on the palm of his hand and shakily opens it with the other, taking my hand in his right after, "Abigail Adams," He swallows thickly, sweat building up at his forehead, "I love you more than anything in this entire world, and I know that I wouldn't be able to live without you. You're my one and only and I can't wish to be with anyone else but you... Will you," His voice cracks and he pauses for a moment, pulling himself together, "will you do me the honor and marry me?" He sucks in a breath and looks straight into my eyes, waiting for me to answer.