File 41: The One with the Unsaid Goodbyes

Ariana

"I do have news for you," Dr Finch speaks, "But unfortunately, it isn't news that you were expecting."

I bite into my nails, standing between Luke and Calum who have their arms hugging my shoulders. I lean my head onto Luke, expecting the worse of the worse as seconds passed - I already knew it was bad news.

"I wish I could be standing here to give you the best news ever, but life doesn't give us what we want." He leaves his glasses at the bridge of his nose, "He is no longer with us... Michael passed in the middle of an operation, he had too much of a blood loss. We put him on life support six hours ago and it had finally decided that his heart was too weak to keep beating - even at the pace it already was at." He breathes.

"He woke up only once after the first operation and was calm about every thing as I explained. Although, he did want me to say something to his boys, in his own words." He pulls out two folded pieces of papers, opening the first one and handing it to Ashton.

Ashton's hands shook as he reached for the piece of paper, "Rumor has it that there's pizza and boobs in the afterlife, so I'll be mighty fine. I love you guys. Don't worry about me, you'll see me again. P.S. Kick ass when the new call of duty comes out, I'll be playing too."

Ashton's faced is wet with tears by the time he stops, wiping them away with the back of his hand, "Sounds like him."

Luke slowly leans his head against mine, tears streaming down my face as my hands clutched onto Luke and Calum's shirts. I found it hard to keep myself together at this time, my legs starting to lose the feeling in them.

"Miss Grande," Dr Finch speaks again, his eyes finding mine before holding a piece of paper out to me, "Mr Clifford left this one for you in particular, he said that you would get this letter to her." I looked at him, confused.

I slowly took the paper into my hands and peeled it open, "I'll die for her and she'll live for me. Don't forget to tell Sara that I love her... P.S If there isn't pizza in the afterlife, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life because I won't settle for salads."

There's a slight smile on everyone's face, staring at the letters with awe.

I held the paper to my chest as I finally broke into silent sobs, the torn piece of paper slightly crumbling in the grasp of my hands. At this time, the four of us closed in an embrace, our arms clinging to each other as we mourned.

We slowly fell to our knees came down on us, harder by the second - we had lost one of our own.

"My condolences to you all, he sounds like he meant so much." The doctor spoke one last time before leaving.

~*~

It'sbeen a week ever since and it hasn't gotten easier like they said it would. I haven't talked, laughed, ate, or slept much, but neither has Luke, Calum, and Ashton.

The pain builds within every second I'm with them, the missing gap burning a whole in my chest. We haven't moved much since that day; our bodies glued to the living room couches, staring at the wall with a blank expression.

It felt so empty without him, like, our whole world had come crashing down all at once and we didn't know what to do. I can hear his laughter and his voice every now and then; that's when I'd cry the most - the memories flooding my mind to torture me some more.

"Here," Harry speaks. I realize that I hadn't notice him walk in and that fact that he had been standing there for a while now, offering me soup, "You got to eat, at least try to."