File 8: The One with the Guilt

Grande

It's nearly midnight, and we're still driving - and when I say "we're still driving", I mean I'm awake while the curly-haired freak sleeps in the back. I couldn't help but to enjoy the peace and quiet, humming along to great tunes, driving along the highways. I guess driving at night wasn't so bad, maybe I'm just exaggerating.

I look into the mirror to stare back at the man with pouted lips and slightly furrowed brows as he slept. I admired his angelic features for a moment then soon brought my attention back to the road, gradually pressing my foot upon the gas pedal, taking off at a slow pace.

"Gee, you drive like my Grandma." A low, raspy voice fills the car and my body stiffens. I didn't expect him to wake up. I briefly peered over my shoulder to find him rubbing his eyes like a sleepy child, yawning.

"Go back to sleep, it was better that way." I say dully. I too, yawn myself and Harry leans forth, his head poking out from in between the two front seats. "What do you want now?"

"You look tired," He breathes, blinking slowly. "How about we switch spots, I'll drive while you sleep. Sound fair?" He raises a brow, staring down at his watch. "We're definitely switching spots, it's almost midnight. That's rubbish, we're switching. Stop the car,"

"I'm fine, this drive isn't supposed to be long, so I'll be able to last." I nod, focused on the road with tired eyes, they grow heavier at the sound of 'sleep' coming from his mouth. "Seriously, I'm fine."

"Stop the car, Ariana. You need sleep, I don't mind driving." He demands, I oblige, following his requests and pulling off to the side to come to a stop. "I don't mind driving, okay? Get out, we're switching."

.

.

I've been asleep for more than an hour now, and when my body awakes, I hear Styles humming along with the song that was currently playing and I can't help but listen. His voice then gradually gets louder - a little bit louder than a whisper, singing along to "You Found Me" by The Fray.

"Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me.

Lyin' on the floor, Surrounded, surrounded.

Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?

Just a little late, You found me, you found me."

I smiled to myself, listening to those words the perfectly spilled from his lips. My eyes fluttered shut, his voice filling the car, it was like a lullaby.

"Why'd you have to wait?

To find me, to find me."

The song ends and silence takes over the atmosphere. My eyes flutter open, instantly meeting Harry's emerald hues in the mirror, his tense gaze causing my body to slightly stiffen. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes tiredly, he then clears his throat awkwardly while drumming his fingers upon the steering wheel.

"Have a nice sleep?" He breaks the silence and I nod in response, yawning. "When... Did you wake up?"

"Just now," I say in a hushed tone, leaning back into my seat, staring blankly at the curly haired boy sat in the driver's seat. "You have a nice voice, Harry." His eyes widen and his shoulders stiffen, his hands gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were growing white. I can tell he was slightly uncomfortable.

"Uh, thanks." He says, focusing on the road and hoping this conversation wouldn't take on any further. "Are you hungry?"

"What's open at one in the morning?" I laugh, unbuckling myself and climbing over the arm rest to take a seat in the passenger seat.