Surprise!

KAMILLE
"So what's ya plans for when you get out?" Kilo asked me. She was my cell mate for the past 4 months in counting. She was a lesbian who ran shit and surprisingly, she never tried anything with me. Kilo was in for grand theft and attempted murder, so she was finna be stuck In here for quite a while- as much weight as her name held, she was gonna be A-okay for the next 29 years. "Ima try to find me a job and get back to being normal... I just hope the media forgot about me... I'm just done with the attention-" "Kamille, you got a very lovely visitor here to see you..." Officer Laney cut me off. I furrowed my eyebrows- I wasn't expecting anyone this late. I looked over at Kilo "Who is it?" She asked Laney. "Mind ya business, Kilolo." Officer Laney laughed as she opened up my cell and cuffed me to walk with her. Laney was one of the cool officers, maybe cause she was an ex convict so she knew not to walk around like her shit ain't stink. "Shyann, you know damn well you ain't gotta put them cuffs on me, I ain't kill nobody!" I said low but loud enough for her to hear the seriousness in my voice. "Girl, if it was up to me, you'd be up outta here...you know that. I'll loosen them up though." She said loosening me up. It wasn't off, but it felt a bit more comfortable.
As she escorted me to the visiting area we talked a bit. "So who is it, Shyann?" I said calling her by her first name. "They want it to be a surprise." She shrugged. "They? It's more than one person..?" I asked. "Girl, hush. You asking a lot of questions." Laney nudged me.
We walked into the Visitation area. My eyes scanned the room for any familiar faces and almost immediately they landed on a pair of lips I could never forget. "August..?" I whimpered. "He's even finer in person... you go girl." Laney smiled as she took the handcuffs off of me. "Oh, there ain't nothing to 'go girl' about." I mimicked her.
I sat across from him and crossed my legs beneath the table. I raised an eyebrow. "Kamille.." Aug said looking hurt. "Save it-" I said putting my hand up. "It wasn't supposed to go down this way, baby girl- you know I love you. This was all so sudden ma. I fuckin miss you. You don't know what this shit is doing to me!" He poured his heart out. He seemed even sexier than the last time I saw him- this dick deprivation took a toll on me. I bit my lip and squinted at him from one eye. "It's doing so much to you , that you moved on - and couldn't even gather enough testosterone to come and face me like a man and tell me that we were done? Yeah... I feel the love Aug. I been felt it. Here you are, 4 months later... looking dumb as hell. If I wasn't tryna get up outta here I would've reached over and slapped the shit out of you by now. I can honestly say I've never hated your ass so much. I thought you were smarter than this... I thought you actually cared. Azika got that ass in shape, huh? She giving you everything I couldn't... A flat stomach... a spoiled attitude... And a money hungry heart. You sure know how to pick em." I said with a stern voice and misty eyes. August reached over the table to hold my hands "Baby, I'm sorry. It all happened so fast, you know if things could be the way they were, I wouldn't have it any other way. I was vulnerable- Azika was just there at the moment... I fucked up, Kamille. I need you. I promise I'll visit you, just don't be mad at me- you're special and different- no bitch could take ya place. You're still perfect..." Aug said as he kissed my hand. I snatched it back and looked at him. Y'all don't know how bad I wanted to cry... but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted so badly to kiss him and tell him we could start over, but it just wasn't gonna go down like that. "August... I forgive you- but I wanna talk to you about Amber, she's the reason why I'm in here. The little bitch set me up after the fight we had,I -" I stopped talking as soon as I saw the devil's daughter waltzing over to the table with that head of kinky hair I grew to hate. "Hey big sis... you're looking.........well." Amber said giving me a fake smile. "Nice to finally see you." I gave her an even faker smile. "You know me, I been busy. Chilling with Kendall and Kylie- we're the best of friends now." Amber said flipping those kinks on her head. "Is that so?" I cocked my head. Aug looked at Amber. "Can you go get me a Snickers from the vending machine, A?" He asked obviously wanting some more alone time with me. "Sure... you want anything, Kami? Something healthy...A granola bar maybe?" Amber gave me a sly grin. I want your fuckin head on a platter, I thought. "Nah." I said shaking my head and fanning her away. She walked away and I quickly got back to Aug. "I need to get her back into Foster care, she leaked those pics... she's hella spiteful, Aug. You don't want that little girl around." I shook my head. "I know what she did, I just wanted her to think she got away with it so we could just surprise her ass with something, so what are we gonna do?" He asked. "We gonna act dumb and act like everything is a mystery , but hold on to her till I get out, let her have her little fun...then I'll get her back into the system , and we go our separate ways and live our normal lives again... I'll apply to another college and get a new job to start fresh then... that's that. " I shrugged. "Wait... wait ...What about us, Kamille?" Aug said furrowing his eyebrows. "You made your choice, Aug. There is no more 'us'." I ran my fingers through my dry hair. Oh , how I missed my weekly trips to the salon. "Kamille, don't act like that... we can fix this. That's why I'm here baby, Azika can easily go." Aug pleaded with me. "No... I don't want that. You can't just get me when you want Aug, it's officially over. Just know I will always love you... it time to deal with the decisions we've made. No more running." I sighed. August looked like he was about to cry. "Here." Amber came back tossing the chocolate bar in Aug's lap. " I can't lie... I miss you , Kamille. We've had some good times." Amber said. The only good time I can remember was when I was beating her ass. I smiled and nodded. "It's a good thing Markell stuck around huh, Aug? Now that you've upgraded to Azika, you don't have to worry about Kami being heartbroken." Amber continued to speak out her ass. "You consider Azika to be a upgrade?" I asked her. "I mean... Let's be real, she is a step above you and she has more connects in the celebrity world... even Aug has said it a few times. "Oh, word?" I shifted my eyes to a now angry Aug. "Yeah, word. What was I thinking? being hung up on you...I see Markell gets the work done. Don't worry about me anymore Kamille, you won't be hearing from me for a while. C'mon Amber." Aug said getting up. I looked at him in great disbelief, and my heart was hurting. How could Amber cause so much havoc within a love that was once so strong? My own sister. "Right behind you, Aug... lemme just say bye to my sister." Amber said looking at me like her destiny was fulfilled. "You're doing bad, sis." she chuckled. "Baby.... I see right through you." I said shaking my head. "But have you seen enough?" She asked. "It's going to come to an end Amber." I stared into her sorry excuse for a soul. "You could never outsmart me, my dear sister." she said getting up to leave. I grabbed her arm. "Who you think you got that devious mind set from? Been there, done that... I can't wait to see who gets the last laugh." I said dimming my eyes at her. She sniffed and snatched her arm back with a attitude. I saw fear in her eyes for a split second then she swung her back and walked off. I sat there rolling my tongue over my teeth. "That went... bad." Laney came over and sat with me. "Shyann... I need a favor that can possibly shorten my sentence." I stared straight ahead. "Whats up?" She asked. "Lyasia Montgomery's case...it needs to be reopened."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AUGUST
Karreuche was finally bout to give birth and she decided to do it at home naturally with a midwife, Breezy, myself, and Azika. Kay didn't want Azika there, but I guaranteed her that Azika would stay in the living room so she wouldn't feel and discomfort and she agreed.
Everything was being set up and Karreuche was just doing her breathing exercises because she was fading in and out of labor. "Ugghhhhhhhh I wish Kamille was here." She moaned as she rubbed her small round tummy. " I know baby, I know- keep breathing ma." Breezy soothingly ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her temple. She closed her eyes and exhaled. I haven't spoken to Kamille since I last stormed away from her. It was real fucked up... I didn't want to accept the fact that I was most likely going to be replaced by Markell. I couldn't picture anyone doing the things I used to do with Kamille. Shit killed me inside... Amber sure was a fucked up little girl. She knew what she was doing when she made that "upgrade" comment. Thank god that little bitch was taken into custody again - I don't know how or why, but I was happy. "She's almost ready, you guys." Paula, the midwife said as she put on gloves and sterilized her equipment. "I'm really going to be a father..." Breezy said to me. "Facts, bro. this is some life changing shit." I gave him a congratulating hug. "You're next... but not with Aztec." He said mocking Azika's name. I laughed. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Nigga....You know damn well who you're meant to be with. That Indian ain't for you, homie." Breezy said twisting his lips to the side. "Listen bro, I'm just waiting for Gabrielle Union's fine ass to come take me away from it all." I joked. "Shit, I hear that... when is Kamille getting out, though?" Breezy asked. "In about 2 more months I guess-"I shrugged like I didn't care. That's when his doorbell rang. " WHO THE FUCK IS THAT!?!" Karreuche's "woosah" went out the window. "I got it bae. I'll be back, bro. " Breezy said jogging downstairs to get the door.
After some time Breezy came back up saying "God is good, Kay... God is good." I looked at the big grin he had on his face then following behind him was...
Kamille?
She was looking better than ever! Ass was fatter! Titties got bigger and her hair grew longer. I could've swore I felt myself drool a bit. "You're out!!! Oh my god I wish I could hug you right now! I missed you so much , Kami!!!" Karreuche started to cry. Kamille bent over to give her a kiss on her forehead. "I was released two months early due to good behavior... You know, I wouldn't miss the birth of my godchild." She said wiping a tear away. I wonder if Kamille noticed me, standing there- undressing her with my eyes. She wore a grey Nike sweatsuit with grey and black nike one's and her hair was down. My baby still had her fashion sense in tact. Karreuche screamed and alerted everyone that she was going into labor. This was it.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
KAMILLE
"I'm going to name her Londyn Kamille Brown." Kay said as she held onto her gorgeous newborn. I felt my eyes getting misty and I started to tear up. "I love you, girl." I said touching her hair. "I love you more... just be a good god mommy to Londyn , and take her whenever I need you too." she smiled. "Congratulations, my nigga. You're gonna be a good father." I heard August's voice tell Chris. I turned to look at him fully- things ended on a sour note last time I saw him so, I wasn't really feeling him too much. I did notice his cheap ass girlfriend sitting downstairs with some basic sneaker wedges mean mugging me, but she stayed silent.
Anyways -I gotta say, I'm pretty happy. Markell got me back on my feet ever since I got out... I'm back in the same college because he pulled some strings, and I'm working on being an assistant to someone else. As for Amber ... she's back in foster care,and under investigation for Lyasia's death, thanks to me and Shyann.
I felt incomplete in the love life department, I wasn't getting no dick and I was in the desert. Did I miss Aug? Hell yeah. Would I admit it? C'mon now... y'all know me.
"Kamille, come here." Chris called me over. "Yeah?" I said walking over and watching Aug stare hungrily at my body. He missed this plus sized goddess- I knew it. "You see Aug here?" Breezy shot me a smile. I looked up at Aug and he was already looking into my eyes. Don't fall for it, bitch. I gave myself a internal pep talk. "Uhh, you called me over here for something important , I trust." I ignored Breezy's reference to Aug. "Kamille, you've gotta stop acting like that. You're turning 19 next week! Grow up and talk to ya man." Breezy said. "He wants nothing to do with me, he said it himself." I shrugged and walked back to where Karreuche was- I never did deny that he was my man...did he catch on?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AUGUST
"Man, you better fix this shit. She's not gon be the bigger person.. so you gotta do it. I'm tired of y'all niggas always falling out- Me and Kay wanna see y'all together. To hell with Markell and Azika! Go get what's yours, my nigga. Its time for you to settle the fuck down." Breezy let my ass have it. "It won't be easy." I shook my head.
"It's never easy to repair something you yourself broke."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
[:Londyn In Opening Photo:]