The Warning

"I gotta thank you, Kami... this is a whole bunch of stuff! I never went on such a shopping spree! I love you , big sis!" Amber hugged me tight. I laughed "Don't go lovin me, cause I blessed you with some materialistic shit. I just want you to be a poppin ass bitch in school, you hear me?" I kissed her forehead. "Yeah, sis. I'm hungry." She rubbed her flat stomach. "Want something from Wendy's at the food court?" I asked. "Please? No- You spent enough money already..-" Shut up... if you hungry, I gotchu. Money ain't a thang when it comes to my family. Let's go."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
",So... There's this boy..." Amber said stuffing a French fry into her mouth. "God damn, already?! Yo little ass just got here!" I threw my hands up. "Sis... listen! His name is Messiah. He's from around the way. He's so cute!" She smiled as she rested her chin on her palm. I knew exactly who she was talking about. "Messiah? Don't even think about it. That's the worst lil nigga in SoHo. His name rings bells from Harlem to Jersey. Tegan knows him, he'll kill the both of y'all if y'all try messin around." I shook my head. "How you know who I'm talkin bout, Kamille ?! Damn!" Amber spat. "Okay... if he's about 5'10...brown skinned... with nice lips... and a mini fro, that's the only Messiah in SoHo, okay? Plus he has a crazy ass girlfriend, that ain't going nowhere. Don't do it to yourself, Amber." I flipped my hair over my shoulder. Amber toyed with her food. "Girlfriend... huh? How do you know this shit?" She asked. "Ask Tegan all about Messiah when you get home. He'll tell you everything I just said, and then some. Did Messiah holla at you or somethin?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Amber shrugged. "Not really, he just says 'wassup' every now and then and he calls me 'Japanese Princess'. But tell me more about his girlfriend." Amber looked at me. I sighed. "Her name is Lyasia. Straight outta Castlehill in the Bronx. Ghetto little bitch, but she fights for hers. She and Messiah been off and on for the past 3 years. That's the Bonnie to his Clyde- The forever bitch that ain't ever gon leave his side. She was even pregnant by him but she "lost" the baby mysteriously." I said doing air quotes. "Oh...so he definitely ain't for me huh, sis?" Amber shook her head. "Nah, you deserve better. way better. But boys shouldn't be ya focus... worry about passing all your classes and getting promoted to the 12th grade." I smiled. "Kamille...?" Amber looked up at me. "Huh?" I asked."I know that he's not just your boss..." She spoke. "I-I- Aug is-"The chemistry y'all share is real... that's why you can't be out with him much. The love would show. Shit, I could see it." Amber raised an eyebrow. I stood quiet and brought my hand around to the nape of my neck. "Please don't deny it, sis. You're supposed to trust me." she said. I sighed. "Are we that obvious ?" I asked biting my lip. Amber smiled. "Only to those smart enough to catch on... so what's really up?" She took a sip of her milkshake. I sighed and began to spill the details... Besides, this was my sister. Whats the worst that could happen?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AMBER
"Look, Japanese Princess. I don't know watchu heard about me... but uhhh....im a ball game you gon have to attend in order for you to know wassup. Hand me that brown bag, ma." Messiah tapped my leg. I got up and walked over to his dresser where the brown paper bag sat. "What's in this?" I asked giving it to him. "Aye.. if you ain't in the game , what I do, ain't none of yo pretty little business." He said shooting me a side smile. He was so cute. I nodded and looked down. "Unless... you tryna be Messiah's new piece." He looked up at me from his bed. "Lyasia...?" I asked. "Fuck did you just say?" He furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes widened. I rubbed my arm. "Your girlfriend... Lyasia." I quietly spoke up. "That ain't my fuckin girl... that's community pussy, but remember what I said about mindin yo business. You can get yourself in some deep shit poking ya nose where it don't belong, ma." He said flicking his nose and sniffing. I found that weird. Maybe Kamille was right, but like Messiah said... I needed to see whatever was going on with him for myself, then decide if I wanted to kick it with him or not.
[Messiah In Opening Photo]