Calix's eyes widened. "You knew?" he asked, his voice tight. "And you didn't tell me?"

"If I had told you, you would've kept Tan away from Luke. I don't care if that wolf is from another pack and was sent to catch me! It's not our place to tell Tan he can't be around his mate."

"That prisoner attacked you!"

"So that means he doesn't deserve a second chance?! Tan attacked me too when we first met and now he's one of my closest friends!"

Calix growled, knowing he was caught without an excuse. He paced the room as Tan and Kegan stood to the side, waiting for the Alpha to make a choice.

"We need to know more about the North River pack," Calix stated calmly after nearly twenty minutes of pacing. "My parents are going to meet us at the cell and we're going to talk to Tan's mate about the pack to see if he can be trusted and what can be done to protect our pack."

Tan grinned, but Calix scowled at him.

"That does not mean that we are automatically allowing that wolf a place in our pack," Calix snarled, making Kegan sigh and Tan bow his head. "If he so much as looks at me the wrong way, I will keep him in that cell until he rots."

"I understand, Alpha," Tan said, no longer looking excited or anxious to continue the meeting at the cells.

Calix nodded, about to leave, but he turned around and clapped Tan on the shoulder. "And I'm sorry for attacking you."

"It's okay," Tan said with a ghost of a smile on his face. "Your mate was involved and could've been in danger. I'd be more irritated if you didn't attack me, Alpha."

•••

Calix had Tan bring Luke to an interrogation room so there were more seats and it was a private space where other guards couldn't overhear. Not that there were many guards, but Calix didn't want whatever the prisoner had to say out into the pack until his parents chose to share the information.

Luke was chained to the desk in the room and there were five chairs set up across from him. He winked at Tan when he entered the room, before smirking mockingly at Calix, who bared his teeth in response and tightened his grip on Kegan.

"Calix, stop," Kegan whispered, not wanting his mate worked up and angry during the whole meeting. "It's fine."

"He shouldn't get a chance to plead with us," Calix growled back, sitting grudgingly in one of the chairs and tugging Kegan down beside him. "Why are we even listening to Tan's stupid plan? If it has this asshole involved it's putting you in danger and I'm not going to stand for that."

Kegan sighed. "I know you're reluctant-"

"I don't want you in danger!"

"Let me be the judge of what I can handle!" Kegan snapped back, glaring at his mate. "I can handle more than you think, Calix."

Calix didn't get a chance to respond, as his parents entered the room and sat down directly in front of Luke with Tan on their right and Calix and Kegan to their left.

"Good afternoon, all of you," Alpha Jonas said, glancing around at the Blood Moon members in the room and then to the prisoner. "Calix, would you care to explain what's going on?"

Kegan cut in before Calix could respond, earning a smile from Jolene, proud of the future Luna for speaking up.

"With all due respect, Alpha, I believe Tan can give a better insight to Luke and what his plan is to address the random wolves that have been entering the pack."