Leaving my hope behind

It's been a week already, which means it's time I set out again for war again. Killing has never been my favorite thing to do, but it's always been something I was good at. I 𝘰𝘸𝘯 the battlefield now, and my reputation has risen quite high, but of course I'm sure that not what mother- no the 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯 was aiming for when she started sending me to battles, at such a young age, probably waiting to be able to prepare my funeral, the sooner the better!
It's not everyday you find a mother who could hate on their own child.... well I guess she could always deny me since the only reason that makes her my 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 is because she contributed in giving a percentage of her power to me....against her will of course. It's not like she was drained from her, it was just for the cause of us being related, if not by blood then it had to be by our powers.

But that's not important right now, I need to keep my mind straight for this, I can't drag everyone down just because of my family issues.

"Eiraaaaa!"
"Eiraaaaaaa!"
"I'm here Kædë!" I'm smiled, just what I needed.
"Oh there you are...." he stared into my eyes, unable to understand what he was thinking, I simply just assumed he was just worried about me leaving to fight those crazy rebels.
"It's alright Kædë, I'm going to okay it's not my first time nor will it be my last so, cheer up.
"Uh.... of course, how could I ever be worried about a god of war in flesh," he gave a teasing smile.
"....But really 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬? I thought you'd be wearing something more 𝘎𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴."
"Well Kædë wearing something less 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 as you say is actually quite useful, considering will be arriving there at night, and we could more easily sneak up on them without them noticing."
"Ah, well of course I mean how would I ever know that, I'm just a mere spoiled heir to my parents legacy, with only brains for sales."
I laughed and jumped on him, he teased me a little but then—
"Sounds of the kingdom's trumpets"
"Ugh... it's time for me to go now...." I looked into his eyes like it was the only time I was ever going to be able to look at him that way.
".....I love you... so please wait for me until I come back, and I promise we'll get to spend more time together, AND...and explore this place more as long as you like.... 𝘐 𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘌, and I 𝘈𝘓𝘞𝘈𝘠𝘚 keep my promises." I stared at him for a while, then leaned in to kiss him, one I hope that he'll never forget until I come back.
"Always?"
"𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 "
We walked back together, and I said goodbye to my precious wolf dogs and bears.... I sure was going to miss them, to bad I can't take any of them with me. I'm afraid they'd get hurt.
Once I reached there I had a group of soldiers waiting for my orders.

I was leaving again, leading a group of soldiers with their lived in my hands

leading a group of soldiers with their lived in my hands. I hope it was for not too long this time, because I was leaving my only hope behind.