LOST || BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mulai dari awal

Oscar Grant - Oscar Grant III was a 22-year-old African-American man who was fatally shot in the early morning hours of 2009 by Officer Johannes Mehserle in Oakland, California. Responding to reports of a fight on a crowded train returning from San Francisco, BART Police officers detained Grant and several other passengers on the platform at the Fruitvale BART station . BART officer Anthony Pirone kneed Grant in the head and forced the unarmed Grant to lie face down on the platform. While Pirone held Grant down in a prone position, Mehserle drew his pistol and shot Grant in the back. Grant was rushed to in Oakland and pronounced dead later that day.

Eric Garner - On July 17, 2014, Eric Garner died in the New York City borough of Staten Island after Daniel Pantaleo, a New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer, put him in a Chokehold while arresting him. Video footage of the incident generated widespread national attention and raised questions about the appropriate Use of force by law enforcement.

Philando Castile - On July 6, 2016, Philando Castile, a 32-year-old African Americans, was pulled over while driving in Falcon Heights, Minnesota , and killed by Jeronimo Yanez, a Latino 29-year-old police officer. Castile had been riding in the passenger seat of a car at 9:00 pm with his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her four-year-old daughter when he was pulled over by Yanez and another officer in a suburb of Saint Paul, Minnesota . After being asked for his license and registration, Castile had told Officer Yanez that he had a firearm, to which Yanez replied, "Don't reach for it then", and Castile said "I'm, I, I was reaching for..." Yanez said "Don't pull it out", Castile replied "I'm not pulling it out", and Reynolds said "He's not..." Yanez repeated "Don't pull it out" and then shot at Castile at close range seven times, hitting him five times, with two hits piercing his heart.

Samuel DuBose - On July 19, 2015, in Cincinnati,Ohio , Samuel DuBose, an unarmed black man, was fatally shot by Ray Tensing, a white University of Cincinnati police officer, during a for a missing front license plate and a suspended driver's license.

Sandra Bland - Sandra Bland was a 28-year-old African American woman who was found hanged in a jail cell in Waller County, Texas, on July 13, 2015, three days after being arrested during a pretextual traffic stops . Her death was ruled a Suicide. It was followed by protests against her arrest, disputing the cause of death, and alleging racial violence against her. Bland was pulled over for a minor traffic violation on July 10 by State Trooper Brian Encinia. The exchange escalated, resulting in Bland's arrest and charge for assaulting a police officer. The arrest was partially recorded by Encinia's dashcam , a bystander's cell phone, and Bland's own cell phone. After authorities reviewed the dashcam footage, Encinia was placed on administrative leave for failing to follow proper traffic stop procedures

Walter Scott - The shooting of Walter Scott occurred on April 4, 2015, in North Charleston, South Carolina , following a daytime Traffic stop for a non-functioning brake light. Scott, an unarmed man, was shot and killed by Michael Slager, a North Charleston police officer. Slager was charged with murder after a video surfaced that showed him shooting Scott from behind while Scott was fleeing, and that contradicted his police report. The race difference led many to believe that the shooting was racially motivated, generating a widespread controversy.

Terence Crutcher - On September 16, 2016, Terence Crutcher, a 40-year-old motorist, was shot and killed by police officer Betty Jo Shelby in Tulsa, Oklahoma . He was unarmed during the encounter, in which he was standing near his vehicle in the middle of a street. The shooting led to protests in Tulsa. On September 22,The Tulsa County,Oklahoma District attorney charged Shelby with first-degree after the shooting was labeled a homicide. On May 17, 2017, a jury found her not guilty of first-degree manslaughter.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Please,if there is anyone i have missed or someone you would like to add in order to mourn for them this is the place to do it.I want this to be a place where people can share stories and where we can support each other.No matter your race,religion,gender ❤️

No matter your race,religion,gender ❤️