Twenty Two

Lauren's PoV

Why am I dating Eric, again? Oh, I remember, to make Four realize that he loves me, and not that stupid Stiff. We are playing C or D, which is even better.

Christina's PoV

I swear that Lauren keeps giving Tris the stink eye, which means she's jelly (jealous in girly slang) of Trissy for having Four in her life. "Lauren, Candor or Dauntless?" I ask her, and she picks Dauntless. "Drink a shot of truth serum," I say, sounding bored but inside I am thrilled. Lauren takes the shot of the white liquid, and we ask her questions.

Tris' PoV

If I was Lauren, right now, I think I could fight the serum. I mean, I am Divergent, so maybe. "Why are you here, tonight?"
"Eric invited me," she states simply, and Chrissy raises her eyebrows. "Also because I thought Candor or Dauntless would help-" she coughs, and we all raise our eyebrows. Frankly, I don't trust Lauren at all. She is trying to fight the serum, and failing. "What I want," she finishes, through gritted teeth. "That is, what exactly?" I ask, actually curious. "Don't talk to me, Stiff," Lauren snaps, and I bitch-slap that girl. "Don't call her that," Tobias snaps, and I roll my eyes, I can protect myself, Four! Lauren winces and spills what she wants, "Four," she whispers, and I stand in absolute shock. "I want him to love me," she says, and I be selfish. I only Tobias to myself, he only loves me. But does he? A voice in my head says. No, he does, I try reassure myself, and fail. "Well, I only love her," Tobias' eyes rest on mine, and I lean in for a kiss. I peck him on the lips, and we move on.

Lauren, you nasty bitch, stay away from my man.