Untitled Part 21

(Three months later)

It was afternoon and Eric was putting Dana in her crib for nap time. "Night night little one, have a good nap." He said, turning on the mobile and baby monitor. He left the room and shut off the light. 

Danna looked at the mobile and sighed. She still had thoughts that she could escape sometimes, but what would be the point? She was practically a full time baby now, but had the occasional grown up thought peal through her mind. 

On days when she wanted to yell at Eric for bringing her here at all, she just played the dumb baby card, hoping he wouldn't be able to tell that she still had a sharp mind.

It would be nice to go back to her old life, but she was tired of fighting. She didn't have to worry about anything ever again, so why bother? Eric won, and she was kinda okay with that.

She drifted off to sleep and rested quietly for a while, when she started having a scary dream. In the dream, she was getting chased by a monster in the woods. It was a big scary monster with green scaled and yellow fangs. She screamed and tried to run faster, bet her legs felt like jelly and she had to drop to her hands and knees and crawl on the moss. As she moved slowly through the forest, she saw Eric in front of her. He sat down and held his arms open, and she crawled into them. He picked her up and rocked her, and she could see the monster turning to dust. "There there, daddy's here." Came his voice. It sounded far away, but he was right there.

Danna opened her eyes and looked around. She was not in her crib, but in Eric's arms. He was rubbing her back and she realized that she was crying. "Daddy?" She asked.

"Daddy's right here, baby. He's not going anywhere." He cooed at her. She hugged him tightly, and found herself going deeper in her headspace. At this time, she didn't care. The monster was gone and she was safe, so why would she want to fight with her daddy, the one who saved her? 

"I think it's time for some lunch." Eric said, carrying her downstairs. He walked into the kitchen and put her in her high chair. Her headspace was probably 10 months right now, so he gave her some baby food. "Here comes the airplane." He said, bringing the baby spoon to her mouth. She opened and ate the food without a fight. When the food was gone, he made a bottle for her and picked her up. He carried her to the living room and sat on the couch, cradling her. He fed her the bottle, and she got deeper into headspace as she drank. When the bottle was empty, Eric burped Dana and put her in her playpen. He put on a Care Bears movie for her, and went to wash dishes.

Dana played with her feet while she watched the movie, it was entertaining. She wanted a stuffie to hold, but she couldn't find her bunny. She whined a little and Eric came into the room.

"What's the matter baby? Why are you upset?" He asked, picking her up.

"Bunny." She said. Eric crriedv her to her nursery and picked her bunny out of her crib. She cuddled it in her arms. "Want your pack too?" Eric cooed. Dana nodded, and Eric put her pacifier in her mouth. He took Dana back downstairs and put her back in the playpen. She watched the movie and held her bunny and blankie.

When the movie was over Eric turned on a show for himself and picked Dana up. He sat her in his lap and kissed her forehead. Dana leaned on his chest with her bunny and blankie in her arms. The grown up show was taking her out of headspace. But she didn't want Eric to know that. She sucked her paci and shut her eyes, trying to go back into headspace. Eric rubbed her back, and before she knew it, she was back to being nine months old.