Untitled Part 26

Trevor woke up a bit later. He sat up and looked around the nursery. Dana was still asleep. He decided to go back to shauns room and find out what he was hiding. He turned off the baby monitor and hopped out of the crib. Trevor shuffled down the hall to the master bedroom and opened the door. He walked over to the closet before realizing he didn't have the key. How was he going to get it back from Shaun?

This would wait for later. Trevor crept back to the nursery and climber back into his crib. Lucky timing, because in the next minute, Eric and Shaun walked back into the nursery.

"Hey bubba, how was my little ones nap?" Shaun asked,? Picking up Trevor. Eric picked up danna and the two walked downstairs. Trevor tapped on shauns shoulder with his hand. "What is it? Do you need something?" Shaun asked. Trevor nodded.

Shaun went to the cabinet to get a bottle. He filled it with milk. 

"No." Trevor whined, pushing against Shaun.

"What, what's the matter? Why are you so grumpy today?" Shaun cooed.

"Key. I want the key." Trevor said. Shauns eyes widened.

"You want to know what daddy's been hiding from you?" Shaun said. Trevor nodded. Shaun sighed."okay. I'm gonna hand you to uncle Eric, he'll show you." Shaun said. Hey gave Trevor to Eric and took Dana, cradling her in his lap. Shaun gave his brother the key and Eric went upstairs.

Trevor sat in Eric's strong hold as he was carried up to shauns room. He didn't know whh if at he was expecting, but now he knew Shaun was hiding something from him.

"Okay kiddo, you really want to know what's in here?" Eric asked, getting to the locked door. Trevor nodded. Eric unlocked the door and opened it. Trevor looked into the room, only to find that it was a normal closet. "Nothing. That's all that was in here." Eric said. Trevor sighed. Really, what could you hide in a closet that's interesting?

Eric shut the door and carried Trevor back downstairs. Shaun was bouncing Dana on his knee, and she was babbling away. "See trevie? Nothing in there. You got out of your crib for nothing. Hopefully now you'll be less tempted to explore things." Shaun said. "Do you think you're set to have Trevor spend a night or two at your house? I think the kids could use it, and I have some renovations to work on." Shaun said.

"Yeah. I think I'll head out now. Do you have Trevor a bag packed?" Eric asked. Shaun nodded. He handed danna to Eric and went to get Trevor overnight bag. When he came back he gave the bag to Eric. "Alright bubba, say bye bye to daddy." Eric said. Trevor was confused.

"Daddy? No go." He said, readying out for shauns hand. Shaun kissed his forehead.

"It's okay little one, I'll see you on Monday. You're gonna go spend the weekend at uncle Eric's house." Shaun said. He put trevors pacifier in his mouth. Eric walked out of the house and down the driveway to his car. He put Dana in her car seat and buckled her, then put Trevor in the other car seat.

"It's a long drive kiddos. Do you need anything before we leave?" He asked.

"Bwanky." Dana said, pointing to her blanket. Eric gave it to her. "Want your blanket Trevor?" Eric asked. Trevor nodded. Eric pulled his blanket from the overnight bag, along with his stuffed teddy bear. Eric tucked the blanket around Trevor and tucked the bear into his arm.

Eric got in the drivers seat and started the car, driving off. They would be home in an hour.

Trevor watched out the window as his house got further away. "Daddy." He whimpered behind his soother. He looked at Dana who smiled at him. He tried to smile but couldn't. He was worried about leaving his daddy.

;&/&/);,?.$/$

Shaun was glad that only he knew about what the key lead to. He went up to his bedroom and opened the closet. He walked over to the dress shirts and pushed them aside, revealing a small, secret door. 

Shaun unlocked the door and opened it, revealing a safe. He put the combo in and opened the safe. He pulled out a picture and looked at it with a smile.

"I can't wait to see you again, my dear." He said.

There in the picture was Shaun, around 20 years ago, with his arm around none other than trevor's mom.