Untitled Part 28

Trevor opened his eyes, yawning. Even though his didn't want to sleep, he did have a good nap. He sucked on his pacifier and sat up, stretching.

Footsteps came close to the room he was in and the door opened. He looked over and squealed happily when he saw his daddy.

"Hi, kiddo. How's my baby boy?" Shaun cooed, walking over to the playpen and scooping Trevor up, kissing the top of his head. Trevor wrapped his arms around his daddies neck and hugged him. "Thanks for watching him, bro, appreciate it." Shaun said, hugging his brother.

"Any time. Hey, good luck with Alina. I hope everything goes well." Eric said. The two walked downstairs, and Shaun left the house, walking out to his car, buckling Trevor into his car seat. He got in the car and drove back to his house.

|*<<^}€~*?€|+{

Shaun got Trevor in the bath, cleaning him up with a soft washcloth. He washed his hair with lavender scented shampoo, noticing as Trevor visibly relaxed due to the soothing scent.

When Trevor was clean, Shaun wrapped him in a towel and picked him up, carrying him back to the nursery. He laid him on the changing table, placing him in a clean diaper, dressing him in a soft baby blue onesie. He picked the boy back up and carried him downstairs.

"Alright trevie, daddy's gonna put you in your playpen. I need to clean up for later, we have a guest coming for dinner." Shaun said. He made a bottle for trevor and sat the boy in his playpen, handing him the bottle.

Trevor popped the bottle in his mouth and took a few sips. He reached out to grab his teddy bear with his free hand and held it in the crook of his elbow.

Shaun smiled and turned on blues clues for Trevor before setting off to start tidying. Trevor sat happily, eyes practically glued to the screen. He liked hanging out with Dana, but he was glad to be back home with his daddy.

Eventually, he felt a bit tired and laid down, finishing his bottle. He rolled onto his side and closed his eyes. He scrunched his legs up and tucked his head down to his knees, falling asleep easily.

{*}>~€?*{+|€<

6:00 pm finally rolled around, and Shaun paced nervously. He hasn't seen Lina in so long, but he would finally reunite with her. He checked his phone and saw a text that said she was on her way.

He went to sit down and chill out, trying not to let himself get nervous.

Soon enough, the doorbell rang and Shaun went to the door. There was Lina, looking just like he remembered her.

"Hey, you look great." Shaun said. He motioned for her to come inside, and she did. "I have something to show you." He said. He walked into the living room, and lina followed him.

Her heart stopped when she saw the playpen. There was Trevor, sucking on a pacifier and watching blues clues, wearing a onesie and a diaper.

"Shaun, what in the world have you done?" She choked out, utterly shocked. She could have slapped him, she was so angry.

Trevor looked up to find out where the new voice was coming from and squealed with joy.

"Mommy!" He greeted, waving.

"Before Trevor was born, I told you I would step up and raise him. Now I kind of have, see?" Shaun said.

"Shaun, he's not your son. I broke up with his birth father before he was born, and we only dated  for a year afterward." Lina replied.

"I know, but I could have stayed. I would've done anything to help take care of him." Shaun said.

"I didn't ask you to!" Lina yelled, startling Trevor. He whimpered, and Shaun picked him up. "You abducted my son, and now you've made him into a grown baby. Where would you even come up with an idea like that?" She asked, tears in her eyes.

Shaun bounced Trevor, shushing him. He held him against his chest, swaying gently.

"I never stopped thinking about him, Lina. He grew up without a father figure, and I felt like it was my job to be that for him. When I ran into him at the gas station, it was like the universe had set itself right." Shaun said quietly, not wanting to upset Trevor with more loud noise.

"You're insane. I can't believe I ever dated you. How could I not see the signs?" Lina cried, holding her head in her hands. She wept, shaking with rage and fear.

Shaun watched her, unsure of what to do.

"I'm really sorry I hurt you, Lina, but you gave me no choice." Shaun said. He patted lina's shoulder, but she smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped. She softened and looked at Trevor, heartbroken. "I failed you, sweetheart. I'm sorry." She said, tears streaking her face. She grabbed her purse and coat, storming out of the house.

Shaun looked down at Trevor and smiled. "I thought she would want to join our family, but I guess not. Never mind that, trevie, daddy's still here." He crooned. He kissed trevor's crown and rocked him, humming softly.

Outside, still in the car, Lina sat quietly. So much had just happened in a couple minutes, she couldn't process it all. It was one thing to stay and help raise a child, but it was off the rails to kidnap someone and treat them as a baby!

She couldn't hold back her tears, and she started crying. She missed her son so much, but the boy that sat just inside that house was not the Trevor she knew. She didn't want to lose him, but how could she help him regain his senses?

Wiping her eyes clear, she sniffled and drove away. "Be good to my baby boy, Shaun. I beg you." She whispered, a slight bitter tone in her voice.

Trevor watched as the familiar blue car drove down the street, giving a small wave. Shaun looked at him from his spot on the couch and smiled. He felt sad, as now he had lost the woman he loved, but he was grateful that he still had his sweet little boy.

"Come here, trevie." Shaun said quietly. Upon hearing his name, Trevor perkeddup and crawled over to the couch, where Shaun hoisted him into his arms.

"Mommy bye bye." He said, paci falling out of his mouth.

Shaun nodded solemnly. "Yes, mommy go bye bye." He repeated. Hot tears formed in his eyes, and before he knew it, they trailed down his cheeks. Trevor looked up at this, confused.

"Daddy sad?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing.

Shaun sniffled. "No kiddo, daddy's happy. He's very happy, because from now on, we won't have to worry about anyone coming to take you away." Shaun said. He stopped, realizing he might have said too much.

Trevor smiled, wrapping his arms around shaun's neck. "Wuv you, daddy." He cooed, unfazed by shaun's words.

"I love you too, baby boy."