Chapter 25: Why did you leave POINT?

Your friends went perplexed as they stared at your birthday "special" gift from Professor Venomous.

"Is that... what I think it is!?" Ed exclaimed.

"Here I thought Venomous was trying to poison us with some nonfatal virus that will make us sick, but I was wrong!" Jeanne backed herself away from the gift you received.

"Are those... tentacles?" asked Aliya.

"Why did you have to ask, Aliya?!" Jeanne gave a teary look in her eyes.

You, Carina, and Ali are the only ones who didn't react in horror. You were holding a glass container that held a strange-looking plant that almost looked like a bonsai. Then Carina noticed you still staring down at that unsightly bonsai. You, on the other hand, examined it with every angle and detail.

"You know... I always want to try new things like mutant bonsai trimming. I don't care how it looks, and this is the best birthday present. Thank you so much, Venny Darling!" you beamed, grateful of this present that was used through bioengineering by the hands of Professor Venomous.

"Don't mention it..." Venomous looked away, trying to hide his blushing face away from you.

You giggled.

"I can't believe she doesn't mind having a mutant bonsai as her birthday present." whispered Jeanne.

"Hey, don't be so negative." Aliya reminded her genie sister, "It's (Y/n)'s birthday we're celebrating."

Ed nodded, agreeing with Aliya, "That's right. As long as (Y/n) is happy, I'm happy too. After all, that mutant bonsai seems to be harmless if you ask me."

Jeanne sighed as she just stared at the mutant bonsai with worriness.

"Let's just hope nothing more worse happens on this very event."

You had fun at your hanami birthday picnic, watching the petals falling from the trees of the Senbonzakura. Professor Venomous just sat down with your father having a chat.

"Isn't it nostalgic, huh, Professor?" spoke Yue, watching you having a good time with your friends.

Professor Venomous stared at you and your snow white hair with cat ears and feline (e/c) eyes.

"Are you wondering about (Y/n)'s Shironeko form?"

The purple-skinned bioengineer stared at you.

"I never knew her friends accepted her the way she really is so easily," Venomous commented.

"Well, not only they're her friends, they're family as well," Yue explained.

Venomous began to wonder something else such as your work at POINT.

"If you're also wondering about her job at POINT, she'd already retired before you had her babysitting your precious rat minion last weekend." Yue explained.

Venomous went surprised to find out.

"Why?" he asked.

Your father then suggested, "Well, if you want to know about that, then go ask her. I'm sure there's a reason why."

Venomous stared at you and hesitated at first. Of course, he discarded his previous heroic life as Laserblast and let the entire world including POINT accepted Laserblast's "fate" 6-11 years ago. Not to mention, he couldn't bear to face his ex-lover, couldn't stand the thought of her lying to him about the powers she told him that he had until he lost his own powers to his own research during the explosion.

After he left POINT, he did everything to regain his superpowers through his self-expermiment, but all of them failed, nothing worked. And yet, through all of his miserable failures, he made big developements in big marketing such as selling his bio-experiments to villains such as Billiam Milliam.

That was how Professor Venomous became a rich villain and that's his true calling. To him, he doesn't need superpowers to have power.

"So, what's your dad's relationship with Professor Venomous?" asked Jeanne. "Is Professor Venomous his arch-enemy or something?"

"Actually... why don't you ask your brother?" you suggested. "Not to mention he knows the true story behind Laserblast's "disappearance"."

Jeanne, Aliya, and Ed stared at Ali who sighed and said, "All right, I'll tell you everything about Laserblast, but you're not gonna like it. Once you find out what really happened to Laser, you have to keep a secret from POINT. And your twin lucky brother too."

"Right, who could forget Lucky's favorite hero?" mentioned Ed, remembering her lucky twin brother bragging about becoming a hero just like Laserblast.

And so, you noticed the sunset and the hanami birthday picnic is officially over. You decided to have a ride home by taking a car ride with Venomous. Ed decided to stay with Aliya, Jeanne, Carina and her fiance Prince Ali to find out about Laserblast by asking the half-genie of all knowledge and answers.

Yue left the Garden of Senbonzakura, riding Ryuka to head back home. Kurama also left as well, riding on Kumori with Sonny.

Venomous took you back to your apartment. Just when you were about to exit, you then heard him, "Can I ask you something?"

You turned to Venomous and answered, "Sure, why not?"

That was when you were confronted by your reason for leaving POINT, leaving your life as Stealth Mode as you heard his question, "Why did you leave POINT?"