Chapter Twenty-Two

"I think," Dad looked at me and nodded. "I think this is it."

"You'll never catch me!" Shane laughed as he ran away from me. I ran after him huffing.

"No," I held back tears and shook my head. "I'm not ready." I looked down at him. My heart was shattered.

"I'm so in love with you." Shane smiled and slowly pulled me into a kiss. My heart, fluttered.

"I-I-I lo-love you...." Shane's voice was empty with sound but, full of meaning. I gripped his hand.

"I asked you! Why! Why didn't you fucking listen!" Shane yelled and I stepped back. "I don't want you to die!"

"Why could you be right for once?" I stuttered and dropped to my knees. "Walker bite. That's now how I asked you to die, you promised. Why?"

"I can't wait to have kids." He growled into my ear and I shivered a bit. I leaned my head back onto his shoulder. Not saying anything. "What? Am I getting the silent treatment?" I still said nothing, he began to let go of my waist and I scowled pulling his hands right back where they were.

"Y/n, you-" Carl grabbed my arm, I shoved him off and kept looking at Shane.

"You're so fucking beautiful." Shane smiled as he looked me up and down. For the first time, I felt free.

I felt two arms grab me as Shane's breathing stopped.

"Is that I love you in Grimes?" Shane laughed as he kissed my head. I nodded and laughed.

"No!" I screamed. "Shane!" Louder.

"He looks like you."

My own screaming filled the room.

"I can't imagine life without you."

"Stay the fuck away from her!"

"I love you more than I've ever loved anyone."

"Shane! I love you!"

"You'd look beautiful in a garbage bag."

"I'll never forget any moment I've spent with you."

"We should have a baby."

"I'm not ready! I'm not ready to loose you! Please! Just fight! A little longer!"

"What about, Jameson? Like a town maybe?"

"I'm glad theirs no electricity, I bet you can't turn off life to save your life." 

"Every moment I'm away from you, is another moment that I regret not getting with you sooner."

"Why! Please Shane! I'm not ready! What about Noah! I can't do it alone! Please god! Don't leave me!"

"You drive me so mad! You are absolutely gorgeous inside and out, and I can't seem to understand why you think otherwise! I married you because I'm in love with all part of you. The parts that I hate are the parts that I love the most. I hate that you are willing to give everything up because you don't understand feelings and how to act on them. Y/n! I'm so in love with you it hurts to be away from you!"